1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

50k Mile Maintenance

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by AlexWV, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Jan 9, 2018 at 5:17 AM
    AlexWV

AlexWV [OP] Trophy Husband

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2014 White SR5 TRD CrewMax
    ARE CX Series shell Rhino Rack cargo basket Leveling Kit 35x12.5 Thunderer TracGrip tires Rough Country 30" light bar
    Coming up on 50k miles real quick. What should I expect from the Toyota maintenance at 50k, rough cost in particular?

2. Jan 9, 2018 at 6:31 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Trophy husband. Love it!!!

Your owners manual should detail out what should be done, and I think this performed at 60k.

Axle gear oil on both, transfer case, transmission oil (drain and fill), drain/fill power steering, brakes should be lubed as well depending on road grime. On Toyota vehicles, this is easy to do and has one of the best designs I have seen.

So most of that stuff listed can be performed by yourself, if you feel comfortable doing so. The front differential can be a little fun to get the gear oil in, so I suggest while lubing the brake pad guides, you fill from inside the wheel well. Makes it easy with the tire removed. Always crack the fill plug first to ensure it will break free. It always seems the drain plug works flawlessly, and the fill plug is seized up.

On the transmission, check your local Lexus Dealership. I was totally surprised when I did the 60k mile service on my IS350. 4 qts, operational checks, all for 88.00. They quoted me 150.00, but said since it was so quick and easy, they charged me less. I actually buy most of my parts and filters through my Lexus Dealership for my Toyota’s.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  3. Jan 9, 2018 at 6:42 AM
    AlexWV

AlexWV [OP] Trophy Husband

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2014 White SR5 TRD CrewMax
    ARE CX Series shell Rhino Rack cargo basket Leveling Kit 35x12.5 Thunderer TracGrip tires Rough Country 30" light bar
    Yea, I'm definitely not comfortable doing that stuff on my own. Would be especially uncomfortable this time of year and with no proper space to work on it myself. I thought I read somewhere that it was 60k, but previously I had seen 50k. I need oil change and tires rotated anyways, so may just go ahead with it now.

ColoradoTJ likes this.
  4. Jan 9, 2018 at 6:48 AM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I don’t blame you one bit. My days of laying out in the rain or snow in coveralls is nearing an end. Sometimes it just makes more sense to take a vehicle in. No harm in that. It is also documented the service was done at a dealership.

This is what I remember:
    The diff service is 189.00
    Transmission service is 199.00
    Transfer case ???
    Power steering ???

NewImprovedRon and AlexWV[OP] like this.
  5. Jan 9, 2018 at 7:49 AM
    TRDFaux

TRDFaux Irresponsible Adult

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4X4
    Toytec level and diff drop, Cooper STT Pro Tires, TRD Pro Grill, blacked out, debadged.
    so what your saying is I should upgrade to a 2018?

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 9, 2018 at 7:59 AM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Absolutely

Products Discussed in

To Top