1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 Hi light flashing

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Dawg7113, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Feb 24, 2021 at 7:49 AM
    Dawg7113

Dawg7113 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryann
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport 4x4
    Have a 2008 limited crew max 4x4. We had a decent amount of snow over the past couple weeks and I’ve use 4Hi. I turn the 4Hi off and now I get this is what I get. The 4Hi is blinking. Has anyone had this issue and if so what’s the fix?

57376660-9FEC-4D85-9E57-3B89569AB076.jpg

2. Feb 24, 2021 at 8:15 AM
    Hossfd7

Hossfd7 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carl
    Vehicle:
    2008 toyota tundra sr5 crewmax
    Leveling kit 33×12.50×r20 tires and gear head rims
    I am having the same issues with my 2008 Tundra Crewmax sr5 except mine is the 4lo light blinking. I have take all my actuators off and cleaned them checked the motors and all was good. But I think I am going to just replace them all because they was pretty dirty on the inside because my vent tubes were cracked and dry rotted. So I would start there and check your vent hose on your top actuator on the back of your transfer case. I believe my problem is the front one on mine but I am still going to replace them.

3. Feb 24, 2021 at 8:25 AM
    Jrharvey02

Jrharvey02 New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra CM 5.7 Platinum Dark Black
    See my post #7, it’s likely your wheel speed sensor. You can jump your OBD with a paper clip and observe the flashing dash lights, then Figure what code it’s throwing. I had this happen too after a large snow and water got into my speed sensor and started to corrode. Had to look very sharply to figure this one out, but it’s been well over a year since I cleaned the speed sensor and no more Xmas lights on the dash. https://www.tundras.com/threads/wheel-bearings.67781/#post-1761104

https://www.tundras.com/threads/fla...rake-and-traction-control.58178/#post-1628653

4. Feb 26, 2021 at 7:15 PM
    Matthewstamp22

Matthewstamp22 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra DC Worktruck
    So I am fighting this issue right now my self. I jumped the 4 and 13 pins and then watched the flash codes. For mine it was 3-2 which is left front ABS sensor. However, now I have swapped the sensor and the wire and it is still blinking. Next is the Wheel bearing to see if maybe the toner ring is causing the fault. I have been chasing this for about 2 years now off and on.

5. Feb 27, 2021 at 9:05 PM
    NueveTundra

NueveTundra Mod list in Bio

Member:
    Planet Earth
    Vehicle:
    07, Black Tundra SR5 CrewMax
    Exterior: Toytec ultimate 3" lift level, Total Chaos Uniball UCA's, Total Chaos Cam Tab Gusset kit, AcanII smoked headlights, AcanII smoke Tail lights (2.5 gen style), DV8 front winch bumper , Badlands 12k winch with Apex Synthetic, White AUTMATCH Shackles 3/4" D Ring Shackle, Apex Winch shackle, Trail Ridge mirrors ,Icon Rebound Pro 17"x8.5" +25, Cooper Discovery STT Pro 285/70R17, PowerStop drilled n slotted rotors W/Carbon pads, Rigid flood flush mounts rear bumper , WeatherTec rain guards , OEM black side badges , Rigid Amber Radiance Pods. Energy Suspension Red Rack and Pinion Bushings, EAG front mesh Grille, RCI HighLift bed mounts. Rough Country DS2 Steps, A.R.E OverLand Canopy with Ascend basket, Stickers: ToyTec lifts windshield banner, Red Strange Music window sticker(back cab), White Strange Music sticker(back canopy), White Rigid sticker x2 (canopy sides), white Official BigFoot Research Team (Back Canopy) Interior: Alpine double din touch iLX-650 , JL C5-653's (front) JL C1-650x (rear) , JL JX400 4 channel amp , JL JX500 mono amp , 2 JL 12" subs , WeatherTec floor mats, Kenwood F/R Dash Cams, Black steering wheel emblem overlay, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, ToyTec "Fresh" Scent coilover air freshener, Under the Hood: Koyo all aluminum radiator, Mishimoto red silicon hoses , XS Power 3000 amp battery , LAlectric 300 amp Alternator , K&N replacement filter. Online LED store accessories Fuse/relay box. (Identified) Dirty Deeds 8" Cat back exhaust with DD resonator delete/axel over converted into dump. Coming soon:
    Stupid question but have you guys try'd re-engaging the 4wd an turning it back off? Can't remember if if it flashes when its stuck..

Also does it feel like its still in 4wd?

Depending on answers an if not fixed I will look it up in my factory service PDF manual.

6. Feb 28, 2021 at 4:54 PM
    Matthewstamp22

Matthewstamp22 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra DC Worktruck
    So when I started having this issue it was after a rain storm and the ABS went solid and Traction Control went solid then 4 HI started blinking. I had no 4WD unless I started truck in 4HI then it would kick in and be stuck un unless I shut off truck and turned it back on well in 2WD. I used a paperclip in 4+13 and saw that I needed to do a zero point calibration so I did the pin 4 and 12 trick and redid calibration. This solved some issues then I was left with ABS code 36 which was open circuit left front (BAD WIRE) so I swapped wire and then got code 32 (left front wheel sensor) so i swapped that out and now its still on meaning it must be the wheel bearing not sending the right signal from the tone rings. I have an apt to get that swapped again on the 10th so for now I'm just driving it with sensor unplugged so ABS stays off and I do not have any issues well driving.

Products Discussed in

To Top