1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4.6 Intake removal

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by bigphillip79, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Dec 4, 2018 at 12:32 PM
    bigphillip79

bigphillip79 [OP] New Member

Member:
    3rd gen wheels, custom seat covers, camper shell
    2010 4.6L
    Got a ECM Code p0333. Shows fault with knock sensor. Did some reading on the causes and its prolly and open circuit somewhere. Found many who stated that rodents get into under the intake and chew the wires. Opened the hood in the other day time and found rat tracks in the dust. Checked in the air box and the filter was chewed up and had some munched out acorns. Pulled off the engine cover and .....more acorns. Used in mirror to look under the intake and again........more acorns. I can assume they're some chewed knock sensor wires in there too. So its either that or a bad knock sensor.
    Now i gotta pull the intake to check it out for reals and make repairs if needed. Cant find a decent tutorial on the process. Have a Haynes manual but its pretty vague and seems to be leaving a lot of stuff out.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, homies.

Truelifelover likes this.
  2. Dec 9, 2018 at 6:04 AM
    Truelifelover

Truelifelover New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Toyota Tundra SR5
    2 inch lift Mevotech TTX outer tie rods Mevotech Supreme inner tie and next are the control arms
    I have the same problem. My lights stay on for some time and go away the next time I turn the truck on if I'm lucky. Hopefully someone that has had the same issues and found a fix can let us know.

Products Discussed in

To Top