1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

35x12.50x20 vs 35x13.50x20

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TundraGear, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Aug 17, 2017 at 7:07 AM
    TundraGear

TundraGear [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Hello all..this is my first post. I have a 2014 tundra 2wd double cab, i am currently running 35x12.50x20 nitto terra grapplers on a 20x9 wheel. The wheels are -12mm offset and 4.5 backspace. I have installed a max trac 6" suspension lift. The tires now do not rub at all. However i am thinking of running toyo r/t 13.50 wide tires since in need of replacements. I have not found any info on anyone running 35x13.50 on tundras. I have about 1 1/2" gap between inner tire to spindle which seems to be my only measurement concern as to if the 13.50 would rub there without a spacer. Any info would help me out a lot. Thanks

2. Aug 17, 2017 at 7:43 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    i'd be more concerned about whether it would fit the wheel or not.

tomsinamerica likes this.
  3. Aug 17, 2017 at 8:05 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
  4. Aug 17, 2017 at 8:09 AM
    Netmonkey

Netmonkey Don't be a Dumbass

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Texas Edition, 5.7, CM, MGM
    Icon stage 2 lift, 295 60 20 nitto ridge grapplers, fuel kranks, TRD dual exhaust, TRD rear sway bar
    Law323 likes this.
  5. Aug 17, 2017 at 8:20 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    I fudge that all the time with the lame 8" TRD RW wheels. Most say they need a 8.5" wheel.

6. Aug 17, 2017 at 10:26 AM
    TundraGear

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Well called and confirmed with tire shop...shouldnt be a problem...will have them installed on monday. Keep you posted.

7. Aug 17, 2017 at 10:27 AM
    TundraGear

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    By the way..heres a look at what i got

IMG_0575.jpg

TXRailRoadBandit73, CJ21 and Jsena like this.
  8. Aug 17, 2017 at 10:28 AM
    TundraGear

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Thinking about 3" body lift and have ordered the nfab steps to replace what i have now

9. Aug 17, 2017 at 10:49 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    why not just get a suspension lift?

Body lifts don't really do much of anything except lift the body, plus you'll have a 3' space between your upper bumper and lower bumper (chrome part)

10. Aug 17, 2017 at 5:40 PM
    TundraGear

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Ok...so i mentioned in my original post that i had a 6" suspension lift installed already. And do you have a body lift installed on your vehicle? The problem is with this site is that someone who mentions mods they want to do...quickly they are slammed with negative feedback. A 3" BL, lifts the truck 3 inches...thats not much? I know where and how it lifts the truck. I didnt ask the question, " what do you think about a 3" body lift?" The only reason why i typed in im doing a 3" body lift was in reference to the pic of my truck. So those newbies who are 1st time tundra owners and have a vision of what they want to do to it as far as mods go, should not open a discussion on this site about them. Instead of asking why do mods, reply with honest and accurate info pertaining on helping someone fufill their vision of how they can achieve the mod. So basically, help someone by giving your experienced knowledge to their questions. If only a bofy lift's flaw is a 3" gap between bumpers then how insignificant is your answer?

11. Aug 17, 2017 at 7:08 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Buddy, you need to relax. I wasn't bashing you wanting a 3" body lift. Your truck, your choice, I could care less what you do to it.

I was simply asking a question.

12. Aug 17, 2017 at 7:16 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Also, Tony, where on this thread - or even anywhere on this site - is anybody bashed or has received negative feedback on a mod they want to do?

I am far from an expert on the subject of mods and some things mechanical, but I do know a few things. More than I knew a year ago, thanks to plenty of people on this forum, who asked questions or commented - much like the ones I posted - to prevent me from making a wrong choice.

Please pardon me for giving a shit. Have fun with your truck.

13. Aug 17, 2017 at 7:17 PM
    CM-LENNY

CM-LENNY No Complaints

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 CrewMax SR5
    PRO shocks, 37's Nitto G2's 4:88 diffs, few other mods
    Hello Tony and welcome to the forum. The post Law made was not to bash you and your ideas, but give his input. Law is one of the good guys you'll come across, don't take it wrong. As far as the wider tires go, just turn your wheels lock to lock and inspect for any clearance issues. The tire is only going to be 1/2" wider each way, so sounds like you'll probably be fine. I have 37x12.50 on the OEM 8" wide wheel and no issues at 33psi street or 12 psi off-road. Good luck with all.

14. Aug 17, 2017 at 7:21 PM
    TundraGear

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    I partially understand. But it wasnt just a question you asked. I have been observing this site for some time now and have read plenty of comments written by those who just seem as though they have no experience knowledge. Not to impune on any of your knowledge. My original question was in regards to tire fitment. And you commented to the idea that i should be concern whether the tire fits on the wheel. If you had any knowledge to my question you wouldve been more detailed in your comment. But thats exactly all it was from your response was just a comment. So in my arguement to those who seek out to answer questions to those who come here for answers and or advise, what you type in as far as feedback could be taken out of context or simple waste of time because of the lack of information given from those who actually take the time to type in "id be more concern if the tire fits on the wheel"

15. Aug 17, 2017 at 7:28 PM
    TundraGear

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    I am stating that those who are responding to peoples questions should not answer with a comment. Only of its asked for. So if ai post a pic stating i am doing a 3" Bl. i would expect someone if they are going to toss in their 2 cents to say maybe " hey be careful doing that, i know or heard of this that or the other thing so pay attention to this that or the other thing. Or hey good luck bud! Not why do a BL youl leave a 3 inch gap in your bumper. That to me is not helpful and is basically a statement that would make newbies question what they are wanting to do. Im sorry for the long drawn out cry baby stuff im filling this thread with but it just rubs me the wrong way when i read things like that. And yes if you read plenty of the threads on this forum...plenty threads have people replying with why and whats the reason for your mod? Just do it this way! Dont waste your money!

16. Aug 17, 2017 at 7:38 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    That's fine and all. You've been on here a grand total of one day. I've been here over a year. Here's a piece of knowledge for you....lack of explanation does not always indicate lack of knowledge. There are some that know nothing but offer their opinions. It's the internet, genius.

Just because I happen know a good bit about tires doesn't mean I have to give you a lecture covering every aspect from tread to sidewall.

A 13.5 wide tire on a 9" wheel would be a hard sell for me to run, not just from the tire recommendations listed by the manufacturer, but also from personal experiences.

Next time you post, I'll be sure to try and include every nugget of wisdom I have pertaining to the subject at hand.

Bluering808 likes this.
  17. Aug 17, 2017 at 7:42 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Tony, seriously?
    Some people don't say "oh I'd be careful doing that". My comments in both instances were my way of saying "be careful, here's a piece of knowledge just in case you didn't know"

Like I said, pardon me for giving a shit.

18. Oct 23, 2017 at 8:03 AM
    famouzstarz

famouzstarz Da illest!

Member:
    ABQ,NM
    Vehicle:
    Platinum Tundy!
    20" Fuel Wheels, 7" BDS Suspension, Tint, etc..
    so OP what tire size are you running? any issues with rubbing?

Products Discussed in

To Top