1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" Lift w/ BDS, ICON or KINGS?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Nozlo, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Jan 13, 2021 at 4:58 PM
    Nozlo

Nozlo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello!

The next upgrade on the list is suspension and have some questions I have not seen directly asked on the forums. The title says what main brands I am looking at. Open to some suggestions and input on the current selection.

295/70R18 - looking for a 3" lift. Lots of off-road use and commuting. I have a ton of weight on the front bumper w/ winch, light bar, fogs (will this weight determine which lift to get?) stock rides like literal shit right now.

Any recommendations on which way to sway? I am really leaning towards BDS due to a local shop suggesting them. Also, they have a package that comes with a UCA. Really the whole package with a very straight forward instruction process. Does UCA matter that much? Why cant stock just stay on?

On a side note. what is the difference between coil overs with resivor vs. not having a resivor?

AccuTune Offroad likes this.
  2. Jan 13, 2021 at 5:32 PM
    AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad New Member Vendor

Member:
    El Cajon, CA
    Great questions, I'll toss some links below on some tech articles we've put together that go over the topics in detail. With a lot of off-road use, and ton of weight, you may want to consider something with custom valving. It wont be your cheapest option out there, but it may keep you from regrets later on. A quality suspension kit should last you a very long time vs a throw away set of shocks. A nicely tuned set of Fox or King shocks would be our suggestion. Ride super nice on the street & off-road, rebuildable and adjustable. UCA, we would suggest sticking to a urethane bushing at the frame and balljoint at the spindle, other than that they are all very similar. Mainly needed for taller lift height and extended travel coilovers

Non-reservoir vs reservoir:
    https://accutuneoffroad.com/ifp-vs-remote-reservoir-shocks/

Fox vs King OE Coilovers:
    https://accutuneoffroad.com/fox-vs-king-oem-coilovers/

Tundra shock packages:
    https://accutuneoffroad.com/product/07-toyota-tundra-shock-package-custom-build/

3. Jan 13, 2021 at 6:42 PM
    Mhenders1069

Mhenders1069 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn
    Vehicle:
    2019 tundra Trd on king suspension
    4.88 Nitro Gears. King coil overs and rears with remote resi and a pedal commander throttle control. AFE cold air intake. RSI Smartcap and GFC supernate 50.
    Kings. Revalveable and rebuildable. And @AccuTune Offroad can put the right spring in it to accolade that extra weight

Vang530 and AccuTune Offroad like this.
  4. Jan 17, 2021 at 8:20 AM
    ultra1988

ultra1988 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 tundra
    I’m very happy with my kings. Way happier with a ball joint UCA compared to the uniball UCA I had on my Silverado. Valving should make king and fox the same, but I had fox non remote reservoir on my Silverado, and even after having them valved softer always hated them. Kings ride very nice. I could be mistaken, but I think kings come with 600 pound springs and fox with 700. Also...looks do matter...king wins in that category.

5. Feb 25, 2021 at 3:31 AM
    Stumparius

Stumparius New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Double Cab
    Supercharger, ICON Stage 10 Lift, Nitto Grappler 295/70R/18's, Sunroof, Fender Flares, TRD Dual Exhaust, Kenwood 9907 XR with Helix 8 Channel DSP Amp & Mono Subwoofer amp, 8 Helix speakers with a 12" Arc Audio subwoofer, Driverside Grab handle, Chrome Side Boards, Bed Cover
    Same boat as you (upgrading to the same tire size). Just had the same conversation with AK at Chaosfabshop.com yesterday. AK has a great shop and did well by us on my son's jeep. He is a big fan of the ICON's. Looking at essentially a Stage 9 build. All that being said each one of these shops have their own "art" and all of these solutions are proven. If you like the shop and they are local and will be doing the maintenance for you- lean on them.

Good luck!

6. Feb 25, 2021 at 7:22 PM
    Stumparius

Stumparius New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    Supercharger, ICON Stage 10 Lift, Nitto Grappler 295/70R/18's, Sunroof, Fender Flares, TRD Dual Exhaust, Kenwood 9907 XR with Helix 8 Channel DSP Amp & Mono Subwoofer amp, 8 Helix speakers with a 12" Arc Audio subwoofer, Driverside Grab handle, Chrome Side Boards, Bed Cover
    Just laid out the cash for an ICON Stage 10 package and grabbed 5 295/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers off Amazon. Let's hope I made the right decision. Also laid out the cash for a Magnuson Super Charger. Fingers' crossed that by June 1st I will be riding in a significantly upgraded chariot.

georgiey22 and Tundra_361 like this.
  7. Feb 25, 2021 at 7:34 PM
    Jeff_1974

Jeff_1974 Cookeville, TN

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2010 supercharged rock warrior dc
    Supercharger Bama Exhaust Bully dog tune Bed extender Roll up Bed cover Bed carpet 18” Method wheels Falken wildpeak 285 75 18 P & P rock sliders Weather tech floor mats Sdhq pre runner bumper Warn 9.5 xp synthetic winch Icon 2.5” lift Iron cross rear bumper RCI al skids Trd brake pads Trd front sway bar Deaver u748 leaf springs Marathon seat covers
    :spending:

8. Feb 25, 2021 at 7:38 PM
    Stumparius

Stumparius New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    Exactly..

9. Jun 25, 2022 at 12:47 AM
    Whateva

Whateva New Member

Member:
    AZ Territory
    Vehicle:
    2013 Crewmax 5.7
    We want an update on this big meaty boy.

@Stumparius

Scott P and Tripleconpanna like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top