1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2UZ What an engine!

Discussion in 'Other Toyota Vehicles' started by Dipstickjohn, May 30, 2023.

1. May 30, 2023 at 11:25 AM
    Dipstickjohn

Dipstickjohn [OP] 2 stroke rvery chance I get

Member:
    First Name:
    Dipstick
    Thousand Oaks, California
    Vehicle:
    1st gen sequoia
    300k and still 100% OEM. Denso lover!
    Never have I owned such an indestructible, and great running engine. Well, the rest of the 1st Gen Sequoia is also very well built but I am still ecstatic about this Powerhouse that might have won Japan WW2. ( an exaggeration)
    Is it Engineered Obsolesence that most other auto makers subscribe to or they just downright stupid when it comes to creating a rotating assembly that can withstand the test of the lead footed teenager and time?

2. May 31, 2023 at 11:56 AM
    mass-hole

mass-hole New Member

Member:
    Or people just have other priorities out of their engines than just pure reliability? While I know my 3.5L Ecoboost isnt as reliable as a 2UZ, I wouldnt ever trade it for a 2UZ because its more enjoyable to drive, more efficient, and it tows my travel trailer FAR better than the 2UZ ever could. Oh yeah and it can turn 35" tires without the need to spend $3000 regearing my axles.

I dont really care if it lasts 500k miles. I just dont. My truck is pushing 9 years old and I am at just 110k, and most of those miles happened in the first 5 years when i had a different job. Its probably gunna be another 9 or 10 years before I even see 200k. Ill probably have a different vehicle by then as my needs change.

Products Discussed in

To Top