1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd gen turn signal bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Ratch's Truck, May 1, 2021.

1. May 1, 2021 at 2:18 PM
    Ratch's Truck

Ratch's Truck [OP] New Member

Member:
    Brenham, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    silver 2010 Tundra SR5
    I have a 2010 Tundra that just blew a front turn signal bulb. The socket is easy enough to remove but how do you remove the bulb from the socket? I see how it is snapped in but I don't want to destroy the socket trying to remove it.

2. May 1, 2021 at 2:31 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Ya, they're really in there. Have you tried working it loose by wiggling the base end-to-end? Kind of a left to right with the socket oriented horizontal. I was always worried about the glass of the lamp breaking and slicing up my fingers, so use a rag or gloves that should protect you in case that happens. Fitting a new one can be tricky too, many people don't get the lamp pushed into the fixture far enough and have intermittent issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top