1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

$24 Color match keyless entry door handles (2020 Limited)

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by VA10, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Jan 16, 2020 at 6:57 AM
    VA10

VA10 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited TRD Off-Road
    I wanted to color match my 2020 limited door handles. But as it turns out the 2020 keyless entry handles are $400+ with a color match. This was my solution to keeping the cost down.

Anyways I ordered these cheap plastic door handle covers from amazon. If I were to order them again I would look for a set for the Sequoia. Supposedly the keyhole on the drivers side is the same from a Sequoia.

I sanded the gloss off the door handles. I took a fine toothed saw to the front portion of the front door handles. This left the keyless touch sensor exposed. The keyless features still work perfectly after the covers were installed.
    sanded.jpg
    I will be drilling out a spare keyhole cover I received with the handle covers in order to make fit.
    drivers handle.jpg
    drivers.jpg

The rest of the handles went on drastically better than I expected. I will post a broad side when I can.
    rear driver.jpg

I am very pleased with how the paint and color matched turned out. As soon as I finish the drivers side keyhole I will post pictures. The covers are held on by double sided tape. So if I end up not liking them down the road I can take them off easily.

Project costs
    1. Amazon door handle covers $24
    2. Painting materials were approx another $20

tundra_20, Chonfelito and CCLJ03 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top