1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2022 interior......horrible!

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by Tundra234, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Jul 30, 2021 at 8:44 AM
    Kung

Kung Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 CM 4WD, TRD Off-Road, Voodoo Blue
    Spiffy console tray Spiffy N-Fab steps Spiffy Katzkin seats
    I mean, to a point, I have no issue discussing other trucks; I've no issue pointing out the advantages of other trucks.

Where it becomes bothersome is when someone attempts to tell me just how trash our trucks are because

- others are kinda reliable too
    - look at all these features/payload/mileage/etc.!
    - Toyota features/payload/mileage/etc. sucks/is lacking/isn't as good!

I personally just tune out. I know and knew exactly what the hell I was buying when I bought it...I don't need others to confirm it, though it's nice when they do. I researched the living bejeezus out of it prior to buying. (Which is a huge part of why I find it hilarious when people post reviews on all the negative stuff they 'found out' once they bought the truck. :confused:) It's not that I can't handle criticism...I took the same amount of criticism when I owned an F150. It's the fact that not every little thing has to be debated ad infinitum, and not everyone has to be shamed or belittled. Yes, I realize we Tundra owners do it too....that's the nature of fanboys. But two wrongs don't make a right, and all that.

Anyways....carry on. I think the current Rams are fine trucks, and know many who have owned them with few to no issues...but after my last Ram was at the dealership

SEVENTEEN TIMES IN 18 MONTHS

I'll likely not ever own one again. Once bitten twice shy and all that.

2. Jul 30, 2021 at 8:57 AM
    Breathing Borla

Breathing Borla I'd rather be fishing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tundra Platinum 4x4 Crewmax
    this^. they have gotten better, not worse

mikesTundra77 and Westerntowboss like this.
  3. Jul 30, 2021 at 8:59 AM
    MTRock

MTRock 1889

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior DC
    DC rear fold down seats, decals removed, blacked out badges, complete stereo, ceramic coating, ToyTec Boss 3/1.5, RidgeGrappler 305/70r17, blacked out rock rings and center caps, smoked tail lights, BAMUFFLER Alpharex Pro headlights, TRD PRO Sequoia Grille, DAPtune
    I’ve owned em all except Ford.. The Tundra has been by far the most reliable.. let’s be honest, 130,000 miles and the only part that’s not OEM (other than chosen mods) is the water pump and spark plugs..But if I was in the market right now? And have recently considered buying a PowerWagon, out of the box it’s tough to beat? Just can’t let go of 50k for ANY new vehicle! Bottom line there is NO way I’d trust a Dodge with 130,000+ miles! Not even if it was a pavement princess.

4. Jul 30, 2021 at 9:27 AM
    AZBoatHauler

AZBoatHauler SSEM#140/ASCM#3/2ndGenNaysayer/BAF140

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    So.Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2017 CrewMax 4x4, 2017 LandCruiser, 2005 Sequoia 4x4
    Demello / SOB Fab Bumpers, SuperWinch, WKOR sliders, RCI skids, Baja Designs lighting, Billy 6112 and 5160 w/ CB +2, JL Audio with Alpine HU, DD 10" Exhaust, LED headlights, Rago fab mounts, 35” BFG, HAM radio
    These numbers are forever ingrained in my psyche when I hear anyone mention how great FCA is -
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/2020-ram-rebel-talk-me-out-of-it.57665/page-3#post-1529891

my father in-law has a 2500 CTD. It’s been in for multiple recalls and had a failure in the DEF system. Truck has less than 40,000 miles on it.

Cpl_Punishment and Wallygator like this.
  5. Jul 30, 2021 at 9:50 AM
    1UP

1UP Truck Gang

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Red CM TRD sport 4x4
    Wallygator likes this.
  6. Jul 30, 2021 at 10:17 AM
    BayRunner

BayRunner I’m here, except when I’m not

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Platinum
    The last series of vehicles I’ve owned were Toyota, Honda, Dodge. Toyota = No major repairs, Honda = no major repairs, Dodge = valve spring broke, ECU completely crapped out. Sat at dealer for over a month waiting for a new ECU to be imported, and the final straw was a front wheel that literally broke off. All before the standard warranty expired. Dodge can have the Queens interior but it does not matter due to poor quality. Just say’n

7. Jul 30, 2021 at 10:29 AM
    1UP

1UP Truck Gang

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tune me out @Kung

You should.

This thread is all speculation until we see a spec sheet, so comparing our wants against what is seen in other models is our only real option.

Tundra isn't some stellar truck. Sorry to break your heart but if it wasn't reliable then it would be the worst truck in the 1/2 ton segment. Right now I think we edge out the Titan.

Our current Tundra's interior sucks, mpg sucks, and payload sucks. For perspective: Nissans newest Frontier already has more payload than our paltry 1260 from a 1/2 truck.

When you see this new model and take into account all the time available to build something class leading, only to seemingly fall short based off of the current teasers, it's a little depressing.

To all the "good luck getting something that works". Who says this new truck will have the same reliability? Do a deep dive and I'm sure you'll find tons of dinosaurs on here talking about how turbos and EV offered by the big 3 will crap out and their Yota 5.7 will live forever. But now the Tundra will have these features and we are still tying "reliability" to an unproven model?

Ram is by the far the best truck across all segments. It's not crazy to hope that Toyota set their sights on that and gave us something worth the 60+ thousand price tag they are charging.

Unfortunately it seems like they are copying Ford, which sucks.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  8. Jul 30, 2021 at 10:38 AM
    BTBAKER

BTBAKER DIFFERENT NAME. SAME JUNK.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    Yes, much like @TundraLaw who doesn’t own a Tundra anymore but is bored/ lonely enough to spend his time on this site telling how hideous the new Tundra is and how kick ass Ford is. Poor guy..

9. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:08 AM
    mikesTundra77

mikesTundra77 BRAAAAP BRAAAP

Member:
    First Name:
    M_i_k_e
    earth, sol system
    Vehicle:
    BLOOD,SWEAT+BEERS
    4 " ready lift kit General grabbers 35" Rock warrior wheels 17" Leather Clazzio seat covers KN intake StartX remote starter HRS sequential tails Custom grille+badge ME-SO map lights+dome light Lots of CHROOOOME
    I'm gonna go join a dodge/ram forum and start preaching that tundras are superior trucks just for shits n giggles

10. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:10 AM
    1UP

1UP Truck Gang

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Please do and feel free to stay there a while :thumbsup:

mikesTundra77[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:16 AM
    mikesTundra77

Member:
    First Name:
    M_i_k_e
    earth, sol system
    Vehicle:
    BLOOD,SWEAT+BEERS
    4 " ready lift kit General grabbers 35" Rock warrior wheels 17" Leather Clazzio seat covers KN intake StartX remote starter HRS sequential tails Custom grille+badge ME-SO map lights+dome light Lots of CHROOOOME
    Aww I think 1UP has some hurt feelings :(... I actually don't have a problem with any other brand I think all the trucks are good for different reasons... but no I was just joking, I don't need to join a dodge forum just to troll people... I got this guy right here

MTRock and Westerntowboss like this.
  12. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:16 AM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews SSEM #8 level 3, RGBA #5 lab tested lab approved

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    Screen shots and post back here with your results!

13. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:17 AM
    mikesTundra77

Member:
    First Name:
    M_i_k_e
    earth, sol system
    Vehicle:
    BLOOD,SWEAT+BEERS
    Jk bruh, happy Friday!

14. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:17 AM
    mikesTundra77

Member:
    First Name:
    M_i_k_e
    earth, sol system
    Vehicle:
    BLOOD,SWEAT+BEERS
    Bahahaha pics or it didn't happen

jewsNbrews[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:18 AM
    IsaiahCanada

IsaiahCanada New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaiah
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4
    2.5 inch lift, TRD front and rear sway bars, 33 inch Open Country AT3 305/55R20 and dual TRD exhaust.

You're not wrong. The numbers set out by Toyota aren't industry leading but the longevity of the truck is a pretty large detail here. Longevity leads to better retained value in the truck if you choose to sell it and it means the cost of ownership of substantially less down the road.

Reliability is the one of the main reasons we are all here.

16. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:22 AM
    1UP

1UP Truck Gang

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lol, no hurt feelings. Honestly I would probably agree with you if you were in the 2022 Tundra thread. But your saying thisnin the Interior sucks thread, and Ram with the best interior is used by a few of us as reference/bench mark. So talking about Ram makes sense.

Nothing really matters though.. it's just a truck and even worse, everything is conjecture at this point.

17. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:22 AM
    mikesTundra77

Member:
    First Name:
    M_i_k_e
    earth, sol system
    Vehicle:
    BLOOD,SWEAT+BEERS
    After reviewing more pics I would say I actually like the look of the interior of the 22 but I'm not sold on the exterior. That being said It took me a while to warm up to the gen 3 tundra and now I have one and love it. I probably just need some time to see it in various colors. Also I still want to see the headlights on the roof

Wallygator and IsaiahCanada like this.
  18. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:24 AM
    mikesTundra77

Member:
    First Name:
    M_i_k_e
    earth, sol system
    Vehicle:
    BLOOD,SWEAT+BEERS
    All great points

19. Jul 30, 2021 at 11:34 AM
    Lovetrucks

Lovetrucks Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram Rebel
    I don’t own a Tundra either but most of the people on here are great and I enjoy talking with them .

That being said I’m not going to say I’ll never own a Tundra because I’m liking the pics on the new one .

20. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:01 PM
    Kung

Kung Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    Why? I'm not upset in the least, and I don't think you are either. You have a right to post here just like I do.

My response wasn't directed at you so much as it was to people who get seriously upset/out of joint about those who consistently have issues with the Tundra. It was in response to a post from someone who said he didn't come here to read about Rams or what have you.

That's why I said "I just tune them out." It wasn't at all because I can't handle people telling me what they don't like about Tundras. It's because at some point, it starts to crowd out the rest of the content.

(Although TBH, we've got TONS of pages of speculation and discussion and some argument and debate, so I guess we could say serious Tundra-related posts are starting to become the minority, I suppose. LOL)

Trust me when I say it takes one hell of a lot more than a bunch of arguments and discussion on a form for me to get seriously upset or to block someone. All is well. :thumbsup:

Heart's not broken in the least, mainly because in my case, reliability is pretty much exactly and mainly why I bought my Tundra.

21. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:04 PM
    Kung

Kung Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    This. I know we joke and mess with each other, and I don't expect or even want anyone to have the same opinion as I do...but as for me, having been stranded in the middle of nowhere in the middle of winter with a malfunctioning cell phone, HOPING someone comes along that I can prevail upon to give me a ride....reliability is one hell of a lot bigger deal to me than it may be to some.

22. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:10 PM
    1UP

1UP Truck Gang

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I tagged you after the fact, I was posting and you posted after and it kinda aligned with my post, so I poked you, lol
    The response was just me mixing it up with @mikesTundra77

To be fair to all of you, I am salty about my 2019 I bought (3rd Tundra owned). I knew aftermarket would have to fix a lot of the "basic" this truck delivers. But reliability AND functionality were more important to me.

So I go boat shopping for the first time ever and realize (dumb me for not doing this beforehand) I can't tow the boat I want and load up my family. Payload is garbage. So seeing this new one and all its teases, my review/tone is a little sharper than maybe it would of been a year ago.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    mikesTundra77 and Kung[QUOTED] like this.
  23. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:23 PM
    IsaiahCanada

IsaiahCanada New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaiah
    Calgary, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4
    2.5 inch lift, TRD front and rear sway bars, 33 inch Open Country AT3 305/55R20 and dual TRD exhaust.
    Can you not fix the payload by adding airbags or beefing up the leaf springs?

24. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:29 PM
    1UP

1UP Truck Gang

Member:
    Vehicle:
    You can fix sag, and maybe even expand what the truck can safely handle, but your payload sticker is calculated by an engineer and doesn't change.

Get pulled over or in an accident and it's determined the # is exceeded and your in hot water.

25. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:36 PM
    Kung

Kung Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    Ah, THAT I can understand. I imagine I'd be pretty steamed myself. I don't tow all the time; I just wanted to be able to do the same stuff '13 F150 5.0L did (which is to tow a 14' trailer and occasionally a 20' or so camper, and use the bed quite often), but more reliably. Due to COVID, I was able to get one for *less* than a comparably equipped F150 for a change, so I was pretty stoked. (Plus, the local Ford dealerships around here are pretty crap.)

I'll also gladly admit that so long as resale value holds, I may very likely trade mine in, once the truck is released (and they become available).

26. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:38 PM
    AZBoatHauler

AZBoatHauler SSEM#140/ASCM#3/2ndGenNaysayer/BAF140

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    So.Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2017 CrewMax 4x4, 2017 LandCruiser, 2005 Sequoia 4x4
    Demello / SOB Fab Bumpers, SuperWinch, WKOR sliders, RCI skids, Baja Designs lighting, Billy 6112 and 5160 w/ CB +2, JL Audio with Alpine HU, DD 10" Exhaust, LED headlights, Rago fab mounts, 35” BFG, HAM radio
    What size boat are you looking at? You can usually tow a pretty big boat (compared to travel trailer) because the tongue weight is usually a good bit under 10% and the aerodynamics towing are so much better…

Everything loaded on my trailer is a little over 6,000 lbs and I have my family of 5 in the cab and coolers/chairs/gear in the bed. We have about 650lbs of people, 150lbs or so of gear/coolers and about 450 lbs tongue weight. I’m right at the limit (or slightly over) but the truck doesn’t squat and handles/drives fantastic.

27. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:48 PM
    Cock-A-Doddle-Do

Cock-A-Doddle-Do New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Cypress, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off Road CM -Super White
    My point Exactly- Take ya Fiat and discuss in the ram chat group!!

28. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:54 PM
    1UP

1UP Truck Gang

Member:
    Vehicle:
    We had talked in the 3/4 truck thread and at the time I was close to 8,000 with a tandem trailer. Since then my wife has voiced her concern about my plans and I am looking for sub 5k and something my Tundra can tow.

AZBoatHauler[QUOTED] likes this.
  29. Jul 30, 2021 at 12:56 PM
    1UP

1UP Truck Gang

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Better late than never eh? :facepalm:.

We all made nice bruh :cheers:

AZBoatHauler, Kung and Wallygator like this.
  30. Jul 30, 2021 at 7:05 PM
    BTBAKER

BTBAKER DIFFERENT NAME. SAME JUNK.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    I don't think you need to own a Tundra to be on the site but if you don't own a Tundra and you’re here to be a troll and do nothing but provide negativity then I would say that would make a person a sadly lonely soul.

Products Discussed in

To Top