1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2022 DAC works in 2H - sometimes - sometimes with errors

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by Dagwood, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Jan 24, 2022 at 5:21 AM
    Dagwood

Dagwood [OP] New Member

Member:
    You can try this at home (if you have a 2022 Off Road)

Background – my driveway has a steep section about 250’ long. With the new 2022 Tundra I have been using the DAC in the snow and it works awesome! According to the manual you need to have it in 4H and press the DAC button. One of my favorite features.

Last week I did my routine. Remote start the truck. Hop in the truck and start it again. Put in D, select 4H and press DAC button. Go down the hill. Flip back to 2H. Press button to turn off. Press pedal on the right and go like stink.

One day I think I forgot the 4H step and the DAC control came up and it worked. I was not 100% sure if I took it out of 4H at the bottom of the hill – thought I might have had a senior’s moment. You get into a routine – click-click-click.

Driveway was clear for a couple days so not required. Now it snowed again so I tried the 2H DAC today. And it worked – sort of. Half way down the hill it displayed some errors on the center display for half a second and I did not catch what is said. It also lit up some other lights for that half second. But it definitely was doing its thing in 2H. I was able to turn the knob and adjust the speed. I tried the DAC button again when I was at a stop light 5 miles into my trip. It said “Transfer in 2H. DAC Unavailable”. Liar! You just did 2H DAC 5 minutes ago!

Looks like I can use DAC in 2H if it is used immediately from a start and keep the speed down.

So, we have a software glitch.

In my other posts I have been venting about the programming of the 2022. Box lights that don’t go out. Remote starting. Radio that gets stuck on a QR code (I now tell my passengers that’s a COVID QR screen saver required by the government). Add this to the list. My confidence on anything that is software / programming related drops a notch every time I find stuff like this.

The mechanics of the truck I am fine with. Drives nice. Looks nice. My wind noise and sticky door is mechanical and will be fixed when the parts show up. I’m fine with the stuff I can physically touch and wrench a bolt.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022

Products Discussed in

To Top