1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 Running Streak

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Festerw, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Dec 31, 2020 at 8:33 AM
    Festerw

Festerw [OP] New Member

Member:
    Cambridge Springs, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tundra DC
    I'll start this with I'm just a casual runner, I do it to (help) offset my love of food and beer. Typically 3-4 5ks a week. I did a crazy (for me) thing from July 2018-July 2019 and ran 5 Half marathons starting and ending with Presque Isle in Erie.

Back when 2020 was just a normal year I threw myself into a challenge not a massive one for some but an intriguing one for me. I've done the RunTheYear challenges before but never set on a goal of running every day. Figured I'd set myself up for an easy goal of 1 mile/day.

Started out slow and stuck to 1-2 miles a day for a lot of the year to prevent injury since I do struggle with plantar fasciitis and years ago a fractured tibial plateau. Finally ramping up in November/December to over 100 miles/month.

I'm not going to lie, it was hard, harder than I ever imagined. I'd rather do the year of HM training again. It wasn't physically difficult but the mental game of running every day takes a toll. I ran in cold temps, hot temps, a lot while my daughter was at XC practice, and a bunch on the treadmill since it was in the basement.

Here is the breakdown in stats. It definitely made me faster that I cannot deny.

366 runs

850 miles

123,793 calories burned

136.5 hours running

9:35 average pace

1 Mile PR of 5:52

5k PR of 23:19

10k PR of 52:37

Shortest run of 1 mile

Longest run of 10 miles

3 pairs of Saucony shoes and my trusty Garmin 230 to track it all.

I'm going to take a nap and take a couple days off of running.

Screenshot_20201231-105519_2.jpg

cardinal likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top