1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 AC fluctuation issue.....nearing end of warranty

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Beef, May 23, 2022.

1. May 23, 2022 at 9:13 AM
    Beef

Beef [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra 4x4 TSS
    I am having an AC fluctuation issue in my 2020 Tundra where the temps drops down to 40 degrees, then jumps to 50ish and back to 40. I have a round meat thermo in the vent to monitor it now. In these hot temps in Texas, I was noticing a warm air on my hand in and then ice cold. I thought I was imagining it at first, but its now constant. I added the thermo and sure enough it fluctuates. 30 secs of cold and 5 secs of warm, immediately followed by another blast of cold. My Fords ,in the past, have always been constant so surely this can't be right. The truck cab temp as a whole doesn't really fluctuate that much but its annoying as hell and can't be good for the compressor. Even had a buddy notice it without telling him about it.

Anybody have this issue and what was your problem/solution? I'm at 31K miles so I'd like to get this looked at soon, but would also like to have an idea of what I'm looking at before I go in to keep from getting taken somehow. The only post I saw when searching didn't show a folowup or resolution. Thanks folks...appreciate any help.

2. May 23, 2022 at 9:42 AM
    BobsYourUncle

BobsYourUncle New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Super White Tundra TRD Pro
    An A/C clutch that is cycling fast could be a sign of a low charge of refrigerant. I’m not familiar with the compressors in the Tundra, so there is also the chance it’s normal operation and you’re just noticing it now, too.

I’d take it in and see what they say since it’s still under warranty. And probably use the “A/C clutch seems to be cycling rapidly when in operation on hot days” as your complaint so they can check it out.

M3Tundra-JK likes this.
  3. May 23, 2022 at 9:53 AM
    Beef

Beef [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra 4x4 TSS

Thank you! Appreciate the verbage..

Products Discussed in

To Top