1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2019 Tundra. Couple questions.

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Dewyea21, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Jul 16, 2019 at 5:50 PM
    Dewyea21

Dewyea21 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello everyone. I purchased a black 2019 Tundra TRD Off-road in December. So far I'm absolutely in love with the truck and it's everything I want and need. My question is regarding a bed liner and getting the frame coated. I live in upstate NY and we get some pretty harsh winters here which includes a ton of road salt. I opted out of having the frame and bed sprayed when I purchased the truck since it was mid winter. Since having the truck I have put quite a bit of scratches in the bed as well. Should I get both done by the dealership? Will the preexisting scratches in the bed be an issue for rust coming through the liner in the future? Also not sure if I should leave the frame as is or coat it for salt protection. I've had a bad experience with Linex in the past with a previous truck so I'd like to avoid them if possible but not sure how the dealership spray is in comparison. Thank you for your time.

2. Jul 16, 2019 at 6:17 PM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    Yep, dealer won't do bed liner in house. They will take it somewhere.

Dewyea21[OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 16, 2019 at 6:40 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    What part of NY are you from?

I wouldn't take it to the dealer, they are going to send it out to be done and add $ ontop of the price. Look around and find a place that does it.

I'm from the Hudson Valley, I sprayed the undercarriage myself with Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal Protector. You can also do Fluid Film, they are pretty much the same product.

4. Jul 16, 2019 at 6:46 PM
    Dewyea21

Dewyea21 [OP] New Member

Member:

I'm from near Lake Placid in the Adirondacks. I'll have to look around for someone reputable to do it. I appreciate the responses!

5. Jul 16, 2019 at 6:54 PM
    JTL

JTL New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Phoenix, Az
    Vehicle:
    '17 MGM Platinum
    Trd CAI, Trd Dual Exhaust, ESP Locking storage, Center Console Safe, Trd Rear Sway Bar, BFG Ko2, Pioneer Avic 8400nex, Husky Liners, 19 Trd Headlights, iHacker Harness, Tech12Volts Sub Upgrade
    Ditto to what the guys above said. What problems did you have with LineX?

6. Jul 16, 2019 at 6:57 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    That's cold and you get a lot of snow up there.

Good luck on your search.

Dewyea21[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  7. Jul 16, 2019 at 7:02 PM
    Dewyea21

Dewyea21 [OP] New Member

Member:

I had a 2008 Chevy Silverado and brought it to Linex to have the bed sprayed, the rocker panels, and fenders all done to cover up surface rust. They assured me they would sand off the surface rust and it would never come through the Linex. 2 months later I started getting bubbles in the Linex so I peeled some off a spot and they didn't even prep it, just sprayed over the rust. By the time I sold the truck it was peeling in a lot of places and after emailing them pictures they just stopped responding to me.

After doing some quick research in my area I might just go with bullet liners. They seem legit but I'll have to do more research before dropping that much money.

Another question. Will putting a 2" leveling spacer on the front affect the alignment or anything? I think they look much better with a leveling kit but I'm skeptical it may cause problems later down the road.

JTL[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jul 22, 2019 at 9:01 PM
    preacher35

preacher35 RIGHTEOUS MEMBER

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Platinum Crewmax 4x4
    Not sure what brand leveling kit/spacer you will be installing, BUT, yes, you will probably require an alignment post installation. That being said, as long as you do not hit any curbs, or speed bumps at high speed, you shouldn't have any issues with alignment.

Products Discussed in

To Top