1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2019 crewmax, Samsung s21 Ultra, bluetooth calls cuttig out after a few minutes. EVERY CALL

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TundraMidwesterner, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Nov 29, 2021 at 10:33 AM
    TundraMidwesterner

TundraMidwesterner [OP] What?

Member:
    Northern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2019 Magnetic Gray Metallic CrewMax TSSOR 4x4
    Katzkins, Rostra heated seats(4), Tint (all), TRD rear sway bar, TSS wheels, OEM black lug nuts and wheel locks, OEM LED black fog lights, Driver side grab handle, Rough country LED Bumper bar, Rough Country Hard tri fold tonneau cover, AVS ventshades, Bilstein 5100's on top setting in front, Ready lift 1 inch ready block in the rear with Bilstein 5100's. Fluid Film. ESP under seat storage. LED interior lights and cargo lights swapped. Rear USB charger port swapped for 12v port. Remote start. Leather wrapped steering wheel kit. TRD shift knob. Kenwood dmx1037s. Hertz K170 door speakers/ tweeters, Infinity Reference 7005A 5 channel amp, 2 JBL WS1000 10 inch subs. DDI Seat Jackers. RCI engine Skid and Vahalla's Shields (front and rear) 1/4 aluminum. Stillen intake. LED Pro Headlights with iHacker harness. Cartrimhome auto up and down window switches. Coupe's aluminum battery tie down. Color matched mirror caps. Color matched door handles. Chalk bag cup holder. NFab podium step bars, herculined. Powerstop z36 drilled slotted brake discs w/ceramic pads.
    Factory 2019 stereo, non JBL. pre android auto.

Samsung s10 worked fine. S21 Ultra is doing the following:

4-8 minutes into EVERY call I make or receive on bluetooth, the audio just cuts out, I cant hear who I am talking to and they cant hear me. The bluetooth still looks like it is connected on the phone and the radio. I always end up grabbing my phone and switching it over to speaker to finish the conversation.

The radio controls for end call never seem to function but I can start calls from the headunit just fine.

I've reset all the network connections, re-paired bluetooth. wiped the phone and restored from backup, reset all network connections again. Still the same problem. I've been fighting it for months knowing that I will eventually want to replace the head unit with something that has a 10ish inch floating screen and android auto but that is a ways down on the mod want list and wont happen for a while.

I apologize if someone has already covered this in another post but I'm not seeing much recent information on it or solutions that worked.

I've been trying to do as much research on my own about this issue and I see quite a few posts about Toyota and Lexus owners having the issue. I had a s10 that worked without any issues that broke mid summer. I got the s21 to replace it and I've been fighting this issue ever since.

I've seen suggestions about not having the audio paired and have it just set up for calls but in my case I ONLY stream music from my phone while in the car so I have not tested this particular "fix" to see if it helps.

I do not daily drive the tundra but over the holiday weekend I was in it quite a bit and with snow around the corner I'm sure I will be in it more and more. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Nov 30, 2021 at 7:51 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies
    First step should be to delete the phone from truck and re-pair. If you have not set the phone up (pair) to the truck, then do that and see if the issue improves.

Software updates to either the truck or phone can induce connection issues, so if either is ever updated or if you are have bluetooth issues, always delete and re-pair as the first step in any troubleshooting.

3. Nov 30, 2021 at 8:01 AM
    TundraMidwesterner

TundraMidwesterner [OP] What?

Member:
    Northern Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2019 Magnetic Gray Metallic CrewMax TSSOR 4x4
    Katzkins, Rostra heated seats(4), Tint (all), TRD rear sway bar, TSS wheels, OEM black lug nuts and wheel locks, OEM LED black fog lights, Driver side grab handle, Rough country LED Bumper bar, Rough Country Hard tri fold tonneau cover, AVS ventshades, Bilstein 5100's on top setting in front, Ready lift 1 inch ready block in the rear with Bilstein 5100's. Fluid Film. ESP under seat storage. LED interior lights and cargo lights swapped. Rear USB charger port swapped for 12v port. Remote start. Leather wrapped steering wheel kit. TRD shift knob. Kenwood dmx1037s. Hertz K170 door speakers/ tweeters, Infinity Reference 7005A 5 channel amp, 2 JBL WS1000 10 inch subs. DDI Seat Jackers. RCI engine Skid and Vahalla's Shields (front and rear) 1/4 aluminum. Stillen intake. LED Pro Headlights with iHacker harness. Cartrimhome auto up and down window switches. Coupe's aluminum battery tie down. Color matched mirror caps. Color matched door handles. Chalk bag cup holder. NFab podium step bars, herculined. Powerstop z36 drilled slotted brake discs w/ceramic pads.

I have re-paired in the past several times, no change. It has never worked right no matter what I have done but the OS on the phone did just update to 12 a couple days ago. Do you have a s21? My work car has android auto and I've never had an issue with using that or just bluetooth and i am on calls in the car at least two or three times a day. My samsung s10 didn't have any problems at all either. It's just been since I got the s21.

I will keep at it and post if I find anything that works.

Products Discussed in

To Top