1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2018 Tundra ( work truck package ) No keyless entry availability

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Fla.son, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Mar 27, 2018 at 5:02 PM
    Fla.son

Fla.son [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    White 2018 Tundra (work truck package) ,did not come with keyless entry
    Bought this 2018 tundra just wanted a white basic model never saw a sticker on the window I drove many vehicles they did not have the one in white didn’t ask for work truck model but apparently it was the only one in white from Another dealership anyway when I got home I was looking through the manual two weeks later and I noticed the sticker That was supposedly on the window was in with the manual. On the sticker and options it said : durable vinyl ceiling and flooring and remove wireless door lock feature -$275. At the time I didn’t think it was a big deal figured I can always add it to it.Went back to the dealer recently they said no the truck is not able to add that to it, maybe after market but not thru Toyota no matter how much money.Anyone hear of anything like this, I’m a newbie to the tundra, i’ve owned Toyota’s
    my whole life, I’m 55, purchased all of them from the same dealership 2 new 4 runners 94 and 05. 1 Camry a Corolla and a used corolla, still have both 4 runners And the Camry although my kids have them. But anyway they said that it is not available in the 2018 the way it was on the sticker any help would be appreciated I know I’m new but not new to Toyota thanks in advance Jeff. By the way this invoice I did not care about the carpet mats I was trying to get keyless entry and they said it would be around $500 and I said you only took off to 275 , they said it didn’t matter it was after the fact and it would be around 500 then they called me back and said it was not available At all through Toyota just trying to use the charge for the carpet match as leverage thanks again.Sorry I had to delete the picture because I didn’t realize my information was all over it thanks again

F79BBA9F-E2E4-4120-BBC2-AB16C729E233.jpg

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. Mar 27, 2018 at 5:23 PM
    Rolodetective

Rolodetective Member

Member:
    Vale of Paradise, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black AC TRD
    Hell of a first post....welcome. It sounds like you're still fired up and maybe TWPO. "Typing while pissed off!"
    Consider taking a few minutes to carefully edit your post. I think you'll get some helpful feedback. In any event, good luck and glad you found the forum.

Pudge likes this.
  3. Mar 27, 2018 at 5:35 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    I'd just have an aftermarket keyless entry system installed. They are as good as or better than the factory units anyway.

4. Mar 27, 2018 at 6:03 PM
    nk1794

nk1794 Always torque to spec

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 1794
    SnugTop, TRD Catback, DECKed Storage, TRD Sway Bar, ESP Under Seat Storage, Blackvue DR750S-2CH Dashcam
    Welcome

5. Mar 27, 2018 at 6:05 PM
    Fla.son

Fla.son [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    That’s probably what I’ll do I was just a little PO’d That nobody there knew anything about it and then wouldn’t do anything about it but I appreciate the help I thought there might be another way around and I guess that’s the way it is thanks again for the Quick reply. If anybody has any other ideas as far as Toyota goes I’d appreciate it,Thanks again Jeff. Cr#p I had to edit Picture has my information was on the original

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  6. Mar 27, 2018 at 6:39 PM
    Fla.son

Fla.son [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    Is there a particular brand you recommend I was thinking about getting the remote start also

7. Mar 27, 2018 at 6:49 PM
    Nick T

Nick T New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
  8. Mar 27, 2018 at 7:05 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    It's hard to go wrong with the Viper systems from DEI.

astro-jason and Y0TA PR0 like this.
  9. Mar 29, 2018 at 7:26 PM
    Fla.son

Fla.son [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    I read that you have to be a certified installer for viper or they do not warranty their system, in other words can’t buy it from Amazon that will be the only problem with that.Did you happen to use a certified installer and how much did it cost if you don’t mind me asking, I know it’s been a while since I’ve been back on very busy, any help would be appreciated, have a wonderful night.

10. Mar 29, 2018 at 10:26 PM
    Y0TA PR0

Y0TA PR0 Dirt biking & fishing

Member:
    First Name:
    Rafael
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD PRO
    Welcome!

11. Mar 30, 2018 at 1:36 PM
    Fla.son

Fla.son [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    Nick T Do you have Sparks and is it a reliable brand can you install it yourself

12. Mar 30, 2018 at 4:10 PM
    Nick T

Nick T New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Sparks Toyota, I believe they are a vendor here. It's OEM Toyota, haven't heard people with OEM keyless entry have problems.
    Mine cane with keyless entry so can't help on install. Look around on their website, i know they have a lot of install intsructions for other things, they might have it for keyless entry.

13. Nov 13, 2018 at 2:24 PM
    Spotman

Spotman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Virginia Beach, VA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 DC White SR
    So far, Weather Tech Front mats and new FOB with auto start and key less entry.
    I know this is from back in March, but I just traded in my 2015 Tundra for a 2018 White 4x4 with 9200 miles and got a good deal, so I thought! Went through the process of trading in and feel I was "Duped" on the remote key-less also. Salesman brings truck around running and we went thru the new features. Really do like the truck, but when I got home and took all the paperwork in the house and the envelope with the spare key, I noticed there were no key fobs. Last time I bought from them they handed me the new sets of keys and fobs for the 2015. I go back after the long weekend and argue about how the window sticker says "Remote Key Entry" and "Panic Alarm" and they laid that "Work Trucks don't have key-less entry"! BS I say, Talked to a nationally known Locksmith and he said BS! If it only has one (1) door with the key lock (drivers side) and not one on passenger side it is required to have Remote Key entry. I'm venting also. :mad::locked: After saying I will contact Corporate about it, I get a phone call from the salesman that he is going to look into a third party about installing one, all they have to do is go to parts and have service do it!

14. Dec 5, 2018 at 11:44 AM
    Spotman

Spotman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Virginia Beach, VA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 DC White SR
    So far, Weather Tech Front mats and new FOB with auto start and key less entry.
    Yesterday I had the key less entry and auto start installed all paid for by Dealer, cost them about $450. Happier, so far!

GoCboys likes this.
  15. Dec 5, 2018 at 12:40 PM
    ninjajay

ninjajay Posting from the toilet

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Spoolston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM 1794 TRD 4x4
    Toytec/Radflo Lift, Ambit RS02 18x9+0, Bridgestone Revo 3 295/70/18
    Glad the dealer accommodated you guys, but they weren't wrong. And yes it's an easy aftermarket fix. You should see the craziness I had to deal with adding an alarm to my BMW.

Screenshot_20181205-143942_Chrome.jpg

16. Nov 24, 2019 at 6:09 AM
    mwassing

mwassing New Member

Member:
    I am curious, if they removed the keyless entry, how do lock and secure the vehicle?

Products Discussed in

To Top