1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2018 Tundra Audio issues

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by SeanO86, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Mar 19, 2018 at 7:27 AM
    SeanO86

SeanO86 [OP] Live Slow. Die Whenever.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Tundra TRD Off Road - Cement
    Fox 2.5 w/Resis +1 CB Shackles SPC UCA Alcan 750lb springs - +1" lift 3" Front : 1.65" Rear to level Toyo ATII 35s Icon Six Speed +25 offset Wheelers Superbumps Chrome delete ARE Z Topper w/ Thule rails Pinsu Topper rack RTT - Tepui Autana Ruggedized 3
    I just purchased a new 2018 SR5 TRD off road crewmax with entune and I've been having some annoying audio issues. I figured I'd check in here before taking it into the dealership, but here's what issues I'm having:

1) I typically connect my phone via bluetooth to the truck's audio system and even sometimes by usb wire as I charge my phone while listening to listen to spotify, podcasts...etc. Ever since day 1 of having the truck about every minute or every couple of minutes the audio either pauses for a brief second or skips ahead 1 second. This is driving me nuts and I cant seem to figure out what the issue is as it's disrupting the music I play or things I listen to from my phone. This does not happen when I listen to XM radio though. I have a 2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited and this does not happen at all when connected to the car's audio system, so it's isolated to the Tundra. I imagine it's something to do with the sensors on the vehicle interrupting the audio input from bluetooth and usb, but again I have no clue what would be causing this. I have the the rear parking sensors activated, the blind spot monitoring is on, and the front parking sensors are activated...however the lane departure assist is off. Has anyone else had these issues?

2) There's a very annoying rattling coming from both the driver and passenger door when my music is turned up (not even that loud) and it's even more noticeable when the I turn the Bass up two notches above the standard equilibrium. the rattling seems to be coming from the door handle manifold from inside the car. When I hold down the plastic door open handle it seems to be a little better, but it's not 100% gone. again this has been happening from day 1 and I'm trying to see if anyone else noticed this and what they did to quick fix the issues.

Thanks!
    Super happy with the truck otherwise.

2. Mar 19, 2018 at 7:52 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    Do you have the entune app on your phone?
    The rattle sounds like something the dealer should look at since you truck is new. But, if you're comfortable removing the door panel it would be a great opportunity to add some sound deadening to the door and fix whatever is rattling.

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  3. Mar 19, 2018 at 6:30 PM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    Do you have anything in the door pocket? My Tacoma did this and it was stuff I had in storage bins.

4. Mar 20, 2018 at 8:14 AM
    SeanO86

SeanO86 [OP] Live Slow. Die Whenever.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Tundra TRD Off Road - Cement
    Fox 2.5 w/Resis +1 CB Shackles SPC UCA Alcan 750lb springs - +1" lift 3" Front : 1.65" Rear to level Toyo ATII 35s Icon Six Speed +25 offset Wheelers Superbumps Chrome delete ARE Z Topper w/ Thule rails Pinsu Topper rack RTT - Tepui Autana Ruggedized 3
    I dont have entune. which one do you have? there are a few different ones... I see regular entune, entune 3.0...

831Tun[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Mar 20, 2018 at 8:23 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    I deleted the entune app from my phone, didn't seem like it helped me at all.

6. Mar 25, 2018 at 5:56 AM
    jddepp

jddepp New Member

Member:
    I have a 2018 Crewmax Tundra. The audio issues you have, I have not experienced. The rattling noise, I have experienced or something like. I was about to take my truck to the dealer, I found my source though. The seat belts in the back cab on the left and the right. If they are not positioned in the retainers when the back seat is empty, they will knock around and it is super annoying. Not sure if that is what you are having issues with. But it was what I found.

7. Mar 26, 2018 at 7:35 AM
    Troysbama

Troysbama New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Troy
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    18' White Tundra Plat CM
    6" DirtyDeeds exhaust TRD Front and Rear Swaybars (5.5" front lift and 4" rear lift) Maxtrac Spindle lift 2.5 Fox IFPs up front and 2.0 Fox for the rear +3 Coachbuilder Shackles, bushing, carrier bearing drop kit Dakar leaf springs Coachbuilder steering links FRAC harness Cheap Ebay Rivet fender flares (I really like) 33x12.5x20 Cooper ST Maxx that I'll be updating to 35s when they wear out 20x9" Fuel Boost wheels 1.25" spacers for rear wheels
    Adding some sound deadening around each of the speaker mounts will make a huge difference in the output clarity. I had an enormous amount of rattle coming from the doors. It was so bad I literally turned the base almost all the way down. When I tinted my windows I decided to do it with the door panels off and figured while I have it apart I'll add a small bit of dynamat in between the speaker mounts and doors. I was really surprised how much of a difference it made. It's still lacking in volume but I was able to return the levels to something close to flat. One of these days I'm going to do the whole door for each.

SeanO86[OP] likes this.
  8. Mar 26, 2018 at 7:49 AM
    Areith762

Areith762 Go Avs!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    .- -. - .... --- -.
    39.944182, -104.760113
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blazing Blue 5.7L CM SR5 4X4
    DAP Tune, Katskin interior leather, ESP rear under seat storage, door sill protector, door edge protector, TRD Pro shift knob, heated seats, all weather Tundra floor mats, driver side a-frame handle, Tundra trucks center console emblem, clear bra protection, Bushwacker fender flares, paint match front bumper caps, paint match rear bumper caps, paint match mirror caps, ProComp 3/1 lift, 20" Fuel wheels, 33-11.50/R20 Falcon tires, black TRD Pro badge's, black Tundra tailgate badge insert, TRD Pro headlights, Recon smoked tail lights, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Roll N Lock tonneau cover, Line-X bed liner, Tundra bed mat, Cobra led remote alarm/remote start, N-fab tube steps, factory match window tint, TRD Pro grille -paint matched, paint matched hood bulge, TRD dual exhaust, Black out exhaust tips, led interior lights, led plate lights, Spyder smoked fog lights, TRD Cold Air Intake
    I had the audio issue as well with bluetooth for the first few months of owning my 2017. I was also having a similar issue with a bluetooth speaker. It turned out to by my phone case (I think..) that was the issue. I had a heavy duty metal case on my phone that was also weakening my cell and WiFi signal. My WiFi download speeds were also cut in half. Once I changed my case to a plastic Otterbox case, the issue went away in both my truck and bluetooth speaker, and I once again had good download speeds. Maybe it was just coincidence...

SeanO86[OP] likes this.
  9. Mar 26, 2018 at 9:47 AM
    Davidmc4x4

Davidmc4x4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2018 tundra crewmax gray 4x4 platinum
    Anyone have no base from rear subwoofer

10. Mar 26, 2018 at 10:17 AM
    Danimal86

Danimal86 Looks clean even when its dirty!

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Tundra SR5
    Welcome!

It might be working, just its a pipsqueak of a sub.
    With all the doors open and a song with decent bass on at medium volume, blow up a balloon and hold it infront of the sub box (lift the rear seat). You'll be able to feel the sound waves as the bass hits.

Products Discussed in

To Top