1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2017 Crewmax Clicking Noise/Front wheel

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Opus5150, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Jun 26, 2020 at 9:16 PM
    Opus5150

Opus5150 [OP] Terminal Lance

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Live Free or Die
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra
    I've been noticing a noise like there a stone caught in the treads of my front drivers' tire going down the road starting at around 30mph. (No trapped stones, I've checked). I've been looking over some threads on this site and the interwebs in general without much luck for an answer before I head to a witchdoctor/mechanic to diagnose it.
    The truck itself has 47,000 miles on it, Bilstein 6112 @mid setting, 5160 rear with a CB +1 Shackle- no diff/carrier drop. BFG All Terrain 275/70R18 tires on Fuel Trophy wheels offset at +20 have been rotated - sound stays in the front. There is no play/side-side movement in the wheel when jacked up, and the CV assembly is tight with intact boots - no clunks, groans or tortured metal sounds when cornering. Drive shafts lubed and tight. Happens when I'm driving in a straight line down the road. The wheel spins free when off the ground, and the bearings seem pretty quiet. Center caps nice and tight, no hitch hikers or broken tabs in them. No loose sensor wires or debris behind the wheel and guard. Skid plate is the steel RCI replacement - all bolts tight and torqued. Any ideas out there? Leaning toward bad bearings from what I've read so far, but was looking for second opinions.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020

Products Discussed in

To Top