1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2017 CM Limted - TRD Exhaust/Rear Sway with CoachBuilders +3 Shackles

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by 4Runner, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Jan 16, 2019 at 2:41 PM
    4Runner

4Runner [OP] New Member

Member:
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Limited FFV
    Magnuson Supercharged, FOX 2.5 DSC front and rear, TRD Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway, and many more....build thread coming
    Just wanted to post this setup will work as I had to search and search with Google to make sure and received conflicting info. I’m running TRD exhaust and TRD rear sway bar with a CB +3 shackle and it does work with some adjustments.

2 foul points: exhaust and sway bar with the leaf springs.

Solved via 2 adjustments as follows:

TRD rear swaybar must be mounted on the axle by rotating the u bolt 1/4 turn to the front so it pushes the downlink mounting points to the swaybar towards the rear a bit.

Picture
    A293EFB6-D17C-45BE-AFF7-DF3D04D1475D.jpg

Next - TRD exhaust fouling on the leafs at full droop. I purchased some muffler hangers on eBay from an autobahn88 (yellow) which allowed us to push the tailpipes down a bit.

Picture
    645F3537-AF38-425E-904A-0D3257691F6C.jpg

This also allows the ability to adjust the height of each tailpipe independently as the passenger side is higher than the driver unless you are running a TRD Pro Tundra. Anyway, it works so hope this gives someone the confidence to move forward with this upgrade.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Black Wolf likes this.
  2. Jan 16, 2019 at 3:38 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Good info! Nifty hangers by the way. :thumbsup:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    4Runner[QUOTED][OP] and AZTundra like this.
  3. Jan 31, 2019 at 8:09 AM
    SeanO86

SeanO86 Live Slow. Die Whenever.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Tundra TRD Off Road - Cement
    Fox 2.5 w/Resis +1 CB Shackles SPC UCA Alcan 750lb springs - +1" lift 3" Front : 1.65" Rear to level Toyo ATII 35s Icon Six Speed +25 offset Wheelers Superbumps Chrome delete ARE Z Topper w/ Thule rails Pinsu Topper rack RTT - Tepui Autana Ruggedized 3
    Thanks @4Runner

I'm going to be upgrading my rear suspension over the next week. Just got a set of Alcans delivered with a +1" lift built in as well as the +1 CB Shackle (.65" lift from the shackle). Also going to be running Fox 2.5 resis in the rear. My understanding all along was that I would have to change up my TRD dual exhaust because the leaf springs would definitely hit them while off road. Some people told me to just take it to a muffler shop and have them cut and drop the exhuast.

Does anyone know if this hanger would fix the contact point issue rather than having a muffler shop cut/drop the exhaust?

Products Discussed in

To Top