1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 Tundra Brake Pedal Load Sensing Switch (Code C1267)

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Smitdar18, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Jan 6, 2019 at 2:28 PM
    Smitdar18

Smitdar18 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra TRD 5.7 SR5
    I have a 2014 Tundra that’s been intermittently turning on the traction control light for the past 6-8 months. Now the light is on constantly. Truck drives perfectly fine with the exception that I do not have traction control and will spin the tires when trying to accelerate aggressively in the rain. I do believe the ABS is still working properly since I had to brake very hard the other day and I believe I felt it engage.

Code that’s coming up is C1267 which is specific for a malfunction in the brake pedal load sensing switch. At least that’s what I’ve been told. Just took it to one mechanic who said that this switch is one of the two sensors located in the brake booster but the only way to fix it is to replace the entire brake booster assembly. Took it to the Toyota dealer for a second opinion and now they recommend that I replace the brake booster assembly and the pump actuator assembly. I’m not sure who to believe but I know I don’t have $4,600 to fix this. Especially when the truck is driving just fine. I can’t find anybody else online who is having this specific issue where this is the only light that’s on and nothing else. Anybody that can offer some help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Apr 1, 2022 at 5:49 AM
    Dulap505

Dulap505 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark Francis
    Hi, im having the same problem, What’s the fix?

Products Discussed in

To Top