1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2013 Throttle Issue

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by wineshop, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Apr 14, 2017 at 6:03 PM
    wineshop

wineshop [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 CrewMax
    Howdy! First post (but have done a lot of lurking). I bought a 2013 4.6L CrewMax in November. It had 53,000 miles on it, and clean as a whistle. However - I had the dreaded air injection failure (warranty coverage, thankfully) and now a throttle issue. I only mentioned the air intake problem in case it could have something to do with throttle problem. Here's what happens ... occasionally when I hit the throttle nothing happens. I mean nothing. It feels like the engine died. It's happened 4 or 5 times. Sometimes from a stop (red light). Sometimes at 50 or 60 when I need power to get onto a freeway ramp (for example). Twice I stayed on the feeder because I literally thought it did die. But once I let up and re-accelerate it does fine. Even normally from a stop the throttle is inconstant. Sometimes it jerks my head back. Sometimes it starts very slowly. So I took it to the dealer and they spent 2 days with it and found nothing. I'm a tad worried about this being a safety issue at this point. I could see someone rear ending me one day. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I've Googled and have seen throttle issues (like sluggish or too aggressive take offs). But nothing quite like this. Would something like the Apexi Accel Controller possible help? I really want to fix this I absolutely love this truck! But I have to make it safe. Thank you. And sorry if this is a major repeat question. I did a search but, again, didn't really find this same issue.

2. Apr 14, 2017 at 6:41 PM
    Bear

Bear Fargin' Iceholes

Member:
    First Name:
    Bear
    Custer, SD
    Vehicle:
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
    Pulsar Edge V3; MBRP side dump exhaust
    Does it do it with the traction control all the way off as well?

3. Apr 14, 2017 at 6:52 PM
    wineshop

wineshop [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 CrewMax
    I haven't tried that. I certainly can, though.

Products Discussed in

To Top