1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Tundra Non JBL help. Moisture Got Me! Clogged AC drain

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by CaptainJohnnySR5, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Aug 4, 2018 at 5:55 PM
    CaptainJohnnySR5

CaptainJohnnySR5 [OP] Tundra Lifer Now!

Member:
    First Name:
    Capt Johnny
    Winter Garden Fl
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver Tundra 5.7 SR5 2WD DC TRD Upgraded. 2017 SR5 TSS Off Road 4x4 DC Blazing Blue. 2019 1794 White TRD Off Road 4x4 CM
    I am totally addicted to Tundra Life now!
    So in short my AC drain clogged and soaked the inside of my truck for several days until I realized it. Thought it was from all the torrential downpour weve been getting in Florida all of July and was forced to leave my truck outside. Blew that sucker out and tons of water came crashing down on me.

Spent 2 days trying to dry my truck out including adding 2 damp rid tubs and a box of Arm N Hammer to the interior. Smelled like Fumunda Cheese up in my new Tundra and I was pissed.

To make matters worse I went to turn my radio on while I worked on my "Fumunda Tundra" and the radio stopped working! Wont power up! Still laughing? Ok I will wait.......

Truck sat outside in the blistering heat with the doors wide open from 7am to 7pm with the passenger side all pulled up. So I dont know what I should do here. I dont like the stock stereo anyway but I damn sure am not into the boom in my vehicles like back in my younger days. I have the boom in my boats. All I wanted was to add 4 Alpine SPR speaker and maybe an Alpine amp 6 channel. Now this radio shit happened......UGHHHH

Side note: Does anyone have pics of the factory speaker mounts on their 6x9s and 6.5s? Mine is non JBL. But if you have the JBLs I still wanna see those pics too!

Black Wolf likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top