1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Tundra DC - aftermarket Stereo Nav - no power

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Drkdaiz, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Jun 4, 2017 at 6:43 PM
    Drkdaiz

Drkdaiz [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra DC SR5
    I have a 2012 Tundra and I had installed an Axxera Nav headunit about 8 months ago. About a week ago I heard some popping and thought one of my connections was not crimped well like it would if you had a speaker terminal miscrimped.

Anyway, I opened up the dash, pulled the unit out and when I had the key and radio on I was checking all the connections. Next thing I know the head quit working.

I checked all the connections and none were loose. I checked the 15a fuse in the head and it was fine but I replaced it anyway.

I checked the fuse box under the driver dash/floor area, pulled the 7.5a for ACC and it was fine.

I don't know what else I could check or replace to get it working. I pulled the unit from the dash today, ran a voltmeter and it's not getting power at all. I'm certain it's a blown fuse somewhere but I don't know what else to check.

I don't have a system in my truck so I know it's not anything related to that.

Anyone ever have this problem? If yes, what should I do to fix it?

2. Jun 12, 2017 at 12:09 PM
    TundraTex

TundraTex FRAC On!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    DFW Texas
    Vehicle:
    '16 TSS CM 4x4
    Based on the diagram for 2012 Tundras, it looks like there might be another 15A fuse labeled Rad. No. 1. Perhaps in the engine bay fuse box? I don't have a 2012 so I'm not sure where it would be exactly. Drawing key indicates Left (drivers) side of the engine bay.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

Products Discussed in

To Top