1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 tundra wipers washer pump not getting power

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Noelmacedo, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Aug 12, 2019 at 10:02 AM
    Noelmacedo

Noelmacedo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    noel
    looking for some help with my Toyota tundra 2011 already look for all the fuses and all of it are good the ones under the hood and under the dash drivers side , i unplug the plug from the washer pump and have my son to hold the wipers handle inside like regular to push for water and is not getting any power to the pump i checked for any damaged wires around the plug and can't see anything damage , any ideas thanks

2. Aug 12, 2019 at 10:12 AM
    Dr_Al

Dr_Al New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    On my 1st gen Tundra something damaged the wire where it ran along the frame. It wasn't obvious though. I only found it because the pump always has power on it and the "ground" wire is only grounded when the pump is turned on. That wire shorted out on the frame and the pump would run continuously as long as the key was on. Where it was damaged was under the plastic wire loom which hid it. In my case by wiggling the wire I was able to make the pump turn on and off. My best suggestion would be to unplug it from the pump and then release any of the wire loom straps so you can get a real good look at it. Also check the back of the connector. It should be sealed. If the seal didn't hold the copper could have corroded and is no linger connected to the pin in the connector.

3. Aug 12, 2019 at 11:40 AM
    Noelmacedo

Noelmacedo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    noel
    Thanks DR i will check into this soonest i get home see if i can find the issue i'll let you know thanks

4. Aug 12, 2019 at 12:19 PM
    AgileTundra

AgileTundra New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver Sky Tundra Platnium 4x4

Products Discussed in

To Top