1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 Seqoia Limited 4x4

Discussion in 'Other Toyota Vehicles' started by bordenj, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Jun 21, 2020 at 3:54 PM
    bordenj

bordenj [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fremont IN
    Vehicle:
    2008 Sequoia Limited 4x4
    Hi All:

Thanks in advance for advice and assists and I’ll do my best to do the same.

I bought an 08 Sequoia 4x4 Limited a year and a half ago.

So far I’ve done the basics plus: vc gaskets (b/c the spark plugs were coated in oil on removal), idler/pulley (not just the pulley), and rear main mechanical seal (took it to the dealer for that, $1,500).

Issue I am dealing with now is 4wd related - it’s stuck in 4wd and the differential is unlocked (confirmed by lifting the vehicle/spin wheels and by driving around sharp bends). The dash shows 2WD no matter the dial position and the locking differential light flashes. This started in November of 19. Car drives fine despite.

I had a shop replace the motor/actuator that assembles to the front differential. Didn’t change anything. Paid him and asked for the removed motor/actuator assembly.

Here’s my Q: Is the motor for the actuator the same for the front differential actuator and the back transfer case actuator?

It looks like it by shape, size and configuration of three screes. Can the old motor be removed by taking off the three screws? I’m talking about the three screws that are recessed and have to be accessed from between the bottom of the vehicle and the top of the motor.

I’m first thinking about unplugging the existing transfer case motor and plugging in the old front differential motor to see if it responds to dash/dial changes of 2/4 WD and locking differential position, and maybe swapping the motors.

Knlowledge appreciated.

3211AC12-B381-4FFB-832E-97D3536D52B9.jpg
    5436A8B9-CE33-4080-B188-499C309615CA.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top