1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 Tundra Double Cab, 6.5foot bed, 4WD, 5.7 liter

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Austringer, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Nov 26, 2021 at 9:54 AM
    Austringer

Austringer [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double cab 4WD,78" bed, silver,5.7 liter
    K&N air filter. Clean mass air flow sensor. Put on a set of Michelin Defender LTX-MS tires. put Snake Oil in engine. All trying to get better gas mileage. Put Plano box in bed behind cab and bolted it to the bed
    I drove a 4Runner for 25 years, but needed something to haul my travel trailer. Found this truck with 130,000 miles on it and bought it. It runs great. It will pass anything on the road , but a gas station. I put in a K&N air filter, cleaned the mass air flow sensor. I swapped the custom wheels and off road tires for some alloy wheels, Put four new Michelin Defender LTX-MS tires, and put Snake Oil in the oil.

I've managed to get 19 MPG once and 17 regularly on the highway. City is about 13 MPG. Towing is from 10 to 12.
    Is that about average?
    Is it possible to get better gas mileage than that? If so what do you do, and how complicated is it?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  2. Nov 26, 2021 at 11:18 AM
    Bakershack

Bakershack Critical of Noncritical Thinkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Spanish Fort, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SSM 1794 4x4
    Welcome from LA (Lower Alabama)! Good luck getting much better MPG than that. You might do a little better in the city, but there are a lot of definitions of "city" driving. Stop lights and stop signs kill MPGs.

Products Discussed in

To Top