1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 Tundra check engine, 4lo light flashing, ect.

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Goldeneagle65, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Jul 3, 2020 at 8:49 PM
    Goldeneagle65

Goldeneagle65 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra
    hello, I just purchased a 2007 Tundra that was a salvage title vehicle it was just hit in the front end, no significant damage, only bumper and plastics were affected. I have the 4lo light flashing, the check engine light is on, the traction control light is on, but it occasionally goes off. it also occasionally comes on. I understand through research and YouTube that sometimes the problem is chewed wires from rodents on the knock sensor wires. I bought a endoscope camera for my cell phone to examine the knock sensors and wires and I do not see any evidence of rodents or any chewed wires. The engine seems to run just fine. I do not hear or feel anything unusual. the vehicle has 230,000 miles on it. my question is: how do I know if it's a bad knock sensor or if it's a more serious problem with the engine? I took it to AutoZone and it came up with the code p033D circuit 4 knock sensor high limit. or something of that nature. I only have four more days under the lemon law protection to return the vehicle if it's a serious problem. Thank you.

2. Jul 11, 2020 at 5:20 PM
    blackdemon_tt

blackdemon_tt Battery Slayer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 5.7l Tundra DC SR5 long bed 2wd
    TRD Sway Bar, Roll covers USA bed cover
    If you hear a knock on the engine, it may be a serious problem, if you don't odds are its a sensor issue, or damaged harness..

3. Jul 11, 2020 at 7:06 PM
    Toyyoda

Toyyoda New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devan
    What did you end up doing with the vehicle? Did you return it?

Products Discussed in

To Top