1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 Tundra 4wd issues

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by One-way ticket, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Nov 15, 2019 at 3:13 PM
    One-way ticket

One-way ticket [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra
    I have a 2nd gen tundra with 4wd issues and sure could use some help. Prob was intermittent for a few days and now light flashes but system will not engage. I took the transfer case actuator apart and found that the rocker switch was not making a connection. Took it apart and adjusted the copper spring until it made connection.... Applied voltage to actuator motor which moved good. Manually engaged 4wd shifter with no problems. Put it all back together and still nothing. 4wd light now flashes all the time regardless of selector position. Can not hear actuator motor movement at all.
    Anybody have an idea or the pin info?

2. Dec 9, 2019 at 8:19 PM
    marktundra525

marktundra525 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra 4x4
    Hey ,
    Did you ever figure it out? I have a 2006 and the plastic housing with electrical connections on the actuator is all corroded inside. The symptom is the same. Blinking light and not disengaging from 4WH to 2WD . Anyway, I'm mystified, any thing you learned that might help me ? Thanks .

3. Dec 10, 2019 at 5:26 AM
    One-way ticket

One-way ticket [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra
    I think yours is a little different than mine but same principal. I've done as much research as possible, taken mine apart to find it looking good and everything operational but one location switch. Fixed switch, timed it, put all back together and now the motor moves but still doesn't engage tcase. After twerking the timing a hair each way with no different results I have come to the point where I think either my little electric motor doesn't have the ump to engage fully or the problem is in the tcase with the gear itself. The shifter rod does take some effort to engage by hand.

Products Discussed in

To Top