1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 Utility Truck Build

Discussion in '1st Gen Builds (2000-2006)' started by Brendanimals, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Aug 29, 2020 at 7:23 AM
    Brendanimals

Brendanimals [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra Double Cab SR5
    Eibach Pro Truck Sport Leveling Shocks - 3" 2.5" Blocks plus Sumo Springs (blue) in the back Nitto Terra Grappler G2 265/70/r17's K&N 57-9027 Cold Air Intake N-Fab Black Wheel To Wheel Nerf Bars Addco 2181 Rear Anti-Sway Bar
    I'm starting this thread to keep track of the upgrades I'll be making to my 2006 SR5 Double Cab. I mainly use this for hauling around a small boat, camper, and home reno supplies, plus some light off-roading in fishing and hunting season. I plan to do all of the work myself and keep it very low cost. I will mainly be using necessary routine maintenance as an excuse to invest in aftermarket upgrades. I'll try to keep updated as I go, but here's the initial to-do list:

0. (Already done) - Installed Pedal Commander PC-38, installed K&N cold air intake.

1. Remove running boards. Thanks to the first gen threads on this site, I've realized how much nicer a truck looks with such a minimal (and "free") fix.

2. Weld in new muffler. My current 14 year old 200,000 mile muffler is rattling, likely due to internal rust. I know a lot of people advise a complete cat-back replacement, but I'm going to stick with a wallet-friendly $100 Magnaflow and weld it in myself.

3. Fuel tank strap replacement - they are simply rusted out, the rear one is broken.

4. Tie rod ends - I've got some squeaky steering so these need swapped out this weekend.

5. 2.5" lift kit. I'll be doing this when my shocks need replaced. I would not doubt they fail inspection as I can imagine they will get leaky soon.

6. The list is always growing and I'm up for suggestions!

Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions and I'll try to keep updated for anyone that's interested. For now, here's my stock truck:

Products Discussed in

To Top