1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2006 Tundra

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by Wlb4136, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Apr 8, 2021 at 6:20 PM
    Wlb4136

Wlb4136 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have a 2006 tundra with 120000 miles on it and have a few questions.
    The air and heat makes a terrible noise if the speed is turned to high. The blower motor was replaced 3 years ago. I wonder if leaves or other debris might be blocking the vents? It does produce hot and cold air just not very much. Also the vent controls on the dash are stiff.
    My second question how to inexpensively add Bluetooth to the jbl nav system.
    Three there is a lot of chipped paint on the front of the hood and wonder if anyone has tried these automotive spray can paint systems to repair damaged paint.
    Anyway it has a few other minor problems but it has served me well for the last 15 years.
    Thanks

2. Apr 8, 2021 at 7:40 PM
    Bakershack

Bakershack Critical of Noncritical Thinkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Spanish Fort, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SSM 1794 4x4
    Welcome from LA (Lower Alabama)!
    I would suspect something is blocking flow in your HVAC, either foreign material like leaves or a damper that is stuck.
    I'm not sure if it's possible to add BT to an existing head unit.
    I doubt anything can repair paint chipped all the way to the metal. Touch up paint can fill it in, though.

I am not an expert on any of these, but there are threads where you could get a lot of help on this forum.

3. Apr 9, 2021 at 4:30 AM
    BubbaW

BubbaW Been Real

Member:
    First Name:
    Bubba
    Where Eagles Nest
    Vehicle:
    04 DC LTD 4X4 4.7 V8
    T150 Lover
    Welcome...
    Very plausible and with vent controls being stiff, sounds like a thourough cleaning/lubing of control gears, blend doors and piping under dash is in order !
    Adding bluetooth to stock stereo/radio/head unit | Toyota Tundra Forum (tundras.com)

FrenchToasty likes this.
  4. Apr 9, 2021 at 4:35 AM
    Lupe

Lupe New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lupe
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra
    Do u want to keep your factory jbl headunit and navi and add Bluetooth?

5. Apr 9, 2021 at 5:48 AM
    KNABORES

KNABORES Sarcasm incoming

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited TRD AC 4X4 Thunder Grey 270k miles. 2019 Limited TRD CM 4x4 Cement Grey 75k miles
    2000: Bilstein 5100's 16x8 589's with 265/75/16 and 1.25" spacers Flowmaster 50 series over the axle dump Pioneer touchscreen with backup camera Full interior and dash LED conversion Trailer brake controller with 7 pin Bedliner coat bumpers & trim ARE topper 2019: ARE topper with full Bedrug kit and Vortex rack TRD shifter 1.25" wheel spacers (I like to live dangerously) Red tow hooks for that +15 grip bonus
    Unless your a paint pro, no way that spray can is gonna fix your problems. Blending is an art. What's in that can will not match your 15 year aged paint. Touch up paint is a difficult art as well, but much easier accomplished for the DIY. Won't look perfect, but will get rid of those primer or rust colored pock marks and get them closer to the rest of the finish.

Products Discussed in

To Top