1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2001 Sequioa Limited VSC issue

Discussion in 'Other Toyota Vehicles' started by Curlyc1, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Dec 18, 2020 at 10:46 AM
    Curlyc1

Curlyc1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2001 Sequioa Limited 4.7
    None all stock
    I have a 2001 limited Sequioa and I am having a unique issue with the vsc system. When I start out the deceleration module activates until the the speed gets past 7 miles per hour.

Here is what I have done to it so far to fix it. Any ideas or help would greatly be appreciated.

1. Tested all the wheel speed sensor and the reflector rings all good no debris
    2. Replaced the drivers side front speed sensor it was causing the breaks to randomly engage
    3. Replace yaw sensor it kept throwing codes on ODBC Computer.
    4. Cleaned the throttle body (thought it might be causing the hesitation like a flat spot in carbs used to but not joy here)
    5. Plugged in snap-on ethos test computer to discover there are no codes being given just have to wait 10 seconds for it to cycle and then the throttle works again. ( hard to get out of the way if something goes wrong)
    6. Cleaned battery and alternator connection and replace alternator. Tested weak on the recharge value. 12.9 volts. (Thats why the connector got cleaned as well. )
    7. Make sure break fluid was full 1 mm above the line
    8. Put brand new tires on it
    9. Retested it with no codes being thrown.
    10. Took to dealership they want $$$$$$$$$ to “try” to diagnose the problem.
    11. Spent almost 40 hours on the internet searching for answers but have not gotten this solved yet
    12. Some suggested the master cylinder is going bad but it passed the test ?

Any feed back would greatly appreciated I am into month 2 of dealing with this thank you in advance.

Curlyc1

2. Dec 22, 2020 at 6:38 PM
    HulkSmurf14

HulkSmurf14 ...Weighted Average...

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Limited
    Tastefully enhanced...
    Did you do a zero point calibration since changing/repairing these items? Not exactly sure how it's done on sequoias but there is a way to reset/recalibrate the yaw sensors that tie to the VSC stuff...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  3. Dec 22, 2020 at 7:16 PM
    Curlyc1

Curlyc1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2001 Sequioa Limited 4.7
    None all stock
    I did not do a zero point calibration thank you for the suggestion! I will have to looked that I up and give it try thanks again for the suggestion

Have a great holiday

HulkSmurf14 likes this.
  4. Dec 23, 2020 at 5:36 AM
    HulkSmurf14

HulkSmurf14 ...Weighted Average...

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Limited
    Tastefully enhanced...
    You too! That "should" make everything better! Good luck and have a wonderful Christmas break!

Products Discussed in

To Top