1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2.5 GEN Alcohol Density Class Action

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by BTBAKER, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Jan 20, 2023 at 6:07 PM
    BTBAKER

BTBAKER [OP] DIFFERENT NAME. SAME JUNK.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Castle Rock
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ram Rebel
    My 2017 FLEX FUEL 5.7
    is at the dealer for the rough start/no start alcohol density issue for the 5th time!

Last year they said Toyota decided the fix was a new Denso fuel pump so they swapped that. Nope. Not the issue.

Today I am speaking with the manager trying to get in and he tells me that Toyota has told dealerships they have NO fix for the issue, that it will continue and when it does they have to flash and recalibrate the mixture.

Here is the Kicker. They will charge you 150-250 to have this happen! Are you shitting me! I have a 100,000 warranty that has now paid for itself with this issue. But, when it’s up I have to pay for an issue that they admit there is no fix for. They “suggest” pulling the key out of ignition when fueling, putting at least 3 gallons in and driving at least three miles to extend the time between needing the flash.

I am going to consult an attorney on this matter. I know there are many others out there that have this issue.
    If you have any interest getting involved let me know.

DarkMint likes this.
  2. Jan 20, 2023 at 6:10 PM
    DarkMint

DarkMint just gettin by

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tundra DC SR5 4WD
    Dunno what's going on with Toyota in general these days , seems like lots of issues popping up. But good luck!

14burrito and BTBAKER[OP] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top