1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2/4 Lowered Wheels and Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TheMetalMan, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Oct 19, 2020 at 2:50 PM
    TheMetalMan

TheMetalMan [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Vehicle:
    2020 Midnight Black Metallic Tundra Limited
    Hey all! I'm new to the Tundra community and am looking for advice. I have been scouring and lurking this forum to find some answers, but I am having a massive amount of issues, so here it goes.

I have a 2020 Tundra Limited that is currently leveled, however, I have decided to lower it. I have all the necessary parts (2/4 SOS Performance drop kit, shortened rear Bilstein shocks, rear sway bar with shortened hardware) but I am having a lot of trouble finding a wheel and tire size that will fit the truck with as little rubbing as possible. Tom at SOS performance recommended I run a 295/50r20 with 20x9 wheels, which I can't seem to visualize or find examples of anywhere. On top of that, I'm looking to make my wheels essentially flush with the fender line of the truck, giving it a cleaner appearance, but I am having a hard time understanding what wheel offset would help me get this desired effect.

As I said, I am new to Tundras so I apologize if some of these things are easily answered questions. I decided to post here because I figure ya'll would be able to point me in the right direction. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

YardBird likes this.
  2. Oct 19, 2020 at 3:00 PM
    Juanjoolio007

Juanjoolio007 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2019 Silver Sky Platinum Crew Max
    Bed Rug, Tonneau cover, Window visors, Console organizer, Weather Tech's
    Welcome from Oregon.
    Not that many lowered Tundras compared to lifted out there. I know there are/were a couple members that have done the honey d wide body fenders and some that have lowered and done the fenders. I just tried to search but for some reason couldn’t find them. I’ll have to try again later and maybe have better luck. I have thought about lowering mine every once in a while too.

YardBird likes this.
  3. Oct 19, 2020 at 3:01 PM
    YardBird

YardBird Native San Diegan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonesy
    Vehicle:
    2005 RCLB
    American Thunder Cat Back ~ Retrax Pro ~ Toyota Bed Mat ~ OEM Split Spoke Wheels
  4. May 16, 2022 at 6:17 PM
    M3Tundra-JK

M3Tundra-JK New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    2005 GX470
    What did you end up going with? I bought the same lowering kit and want the same look with my wheels and tires

5. Aug 17, 2022 at 6:30 PM
    M3Tundra-JK

M3Tundra-JK New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    2005 GX470
    [QUOTE="TheMetalMan, post: 1948993, member: 53794"Tom at SOS performance recommended I run a 295/50r20 with 20x9 wheels, which I can't seem to visualize or find examples of anywhere.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

They told me the same size tire, and I can only find one tire for sale that fits that size...

Products Discussed in

To Top