1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

15 years ago...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by WarEagleSteve, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Sep 11, 2016 at 6:01 AM
    WarEagleSteve

WarEagleSteve [OP] Getting out of Jersey!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Tundra Crew Max SR5/Off Road
  2. Sep 11, 2016 at 6:14 AM
    driverdog

driverdog New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno pro
    Nerf step bars spray in bed liners window tint integrated brake controller
    We will never forget!

My wife and I were at a commercial pilots home that morning when he got a call from his pilot buddy to turn the TV to a station that was covering the first tower hit.

We watched in horror when the second jet hit.

Okie and WarEagleSteve like this.
  3. Sep 11, 2016 at 6:39 AM
    WarEagleSteve

WarEagleSteve [OP] Getting out of Jersey!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Tundra Crew Max SR5/Off Road
    I was off from work that day but I remember after the second tower collapsed I kissed my wife and headed to work. The skyline were the towers once stood was now filled with smoke. The next day the air was acrid with the smoke and byproducts of the fire.
    I can still remember the scanner and the radio traffic on Manhattan's frequency with all the calls to command and dispatch. The open mikes at times but when the first tower collapsed an eerie silence and my thoughts of lives that were lost. Then, the radio traffics started again as it had been previously. Mayday calls, guys trapped and then the second tower collapses then the silence again knowing more lives were lost.
    It seems odd but it seems like a day doesn't go buy in which I see the number 343 somehow some way.

My fear is that people are not forgetting rather that history is being rewritten and a n agenda filled narrative has taken over...

Okie, Viper3G, Law323 and 2 others like this.
  4. Sep 11, 2016 at 6:48 AM
    RowdyRon

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    Amen, Brothers.

5. Sep 11, 2016 at 6:51 AM
    CaptTyler

CaptTyler www.fishcharlotteharbor.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM Crewmax
    Bilstein 5100's F&R +2 CB Shims CB +2 Shackles 295-65-20 Toyo AT2 BAMuffler 7" Spidertrax 1.25" G-Tek SABM / aFe Pro Dry S (Charcoal Delete) Husky X-ACT Floor Mats All LED Interior / Reverse Lights / Cargo Lights Philips Xtreme Vision Headlights
    I will never forget.
    Hard to believe...I was in 5th grade in Mrs Russell's class. I remember an announcement came over the intercom to turn on the television. We were sent home early that day.

Okie, Viper3G, Law323 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sep 11, 2016 at 7:46 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Rock Warrior 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Freshman year in college. Came back to the dorm during a break in classes to find people talking about it. Sat by the TV and hidden keg all night with the guys in the hall. Seamed unreal at first. Took a while to hit. Then fear set in.

7. Sep 11, 2016 at 7:56 AM
    TNTundra08

TNTundra08 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC 4x4
    3/1 lift. 20x9 Method standards, machine face. 305/55/20 nitto trail grapplers
    I was in the third grade, came back from lunch and the teacher, Mr. carvella, had the news on and we watched. All teachers got a call from the office to turn it off, I guess didn't want us young children see it. The teacher didn't turn it off because he, as I'm sure everyone else was, was just stunned and couldn't believe what was happen to us. We watched the rest of the day until we went home.

Then I remember shortly after they released a list of other possible terrorist targets and my town was within the top ten, I wanna say number 7. I live in Oak Ridge, TN. The hidden city, the atomic city, the town respondible for building the atomic bomb for WW2. We still test the warning sirens every 1st Wednesday of the month, rings through the whole city.

8. Sep 11, 2016 at 8:11 AM
    RowdyRon

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    The only other tragedy that comes close to being equal to 9/11, in IMHO and in my lifetime, was the assassination of President Kennedy. Two events that I will never be able to forget where I was or what I was doing when I first heard the news. Both extremely sad days for America.....

9. Sep 11, 2016 at 8:15 AM
    Sean266

Sean266 #ThinBlueLine Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    I was getting ready for school...9th grade I believe. I didn't understand the entire event - more in shock then anything. Every class I had we watched the news stations for the period.

10. Sep 11, 2016 at 8:30 AM
    FirstGenTundra

FirstGenTundra ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra TRD
    I was homeschooled back then 13 years old I believe, a neighbor called and left a frantic message on our answering machine asking if we were watching the news. I went down stairs to our tv room. Saw both the towers fall on live tv. I will never forget that day. May God bless our nation and the families who lost loved ones today.

11. Sep 11, 2016 at 8:31 AM
    mdavis

mdavis Tiger Life

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra SR5, 5.7, 4X4
    Tow Mirrors, 275/60R20 Toyo AT2's
    I was in 9th grade but home from school that day with pink eye. Watched the news all day.

12. Sep 11, 2016 at 9:51 AM
    Law323

Law323 Pray for peace, prepare for war

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    3" Rough Country Level lift (front) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae Upcoming: LED backup lights/cargo lights OEM Backup camera Raceline Raptor? 18x9 wheels ICI magnum step bars TRD sway bar Toytec BOSS 3" suspension lift Trifold or roll up tonneau cover Tow mirrors????
    Freshman year in college. Just got out of my morning class and went to get breakfast in the union (public cafeteria, study, shop, etc) everybody was talking more than usual, some crying, more huddled around radios and tv's. Went to see what it was all about. Saw the towers and the second plane hit on tv. Couldn't believe my eyes. Found my twin sister crying. We took off the rest of the day and headed home to be with our families. Some of them are military, LEO's and fire fighters. All went up to NY to help, the rest went overseas.

Never forget.

Okie, Sean266, Viper3G and 2 others like this.
  13. Sep 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Rock Warrior 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Thank you to the first responders that day and since. Thank you to the people who lost their lives trying to save others. Thank you to the people of flight 93 who lost their lives saving others. My heart goes out to all those who morned someone and who still suffers today from this attack. I will always remember.

14. Sep 11, 2016 at 12:09 PM
    Sean266

Member:
    Colorado
  15. Sep 11, 2016 at 12:18 PM
    Sean266

Member:
    Colorado
  16. Sep 11, 2016 at 12:22 PM
    Viper3G

Viper3G Why isn't work more like this?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Torrance CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Crew Max Tundra
    I was at home getting ready for work when the TV news reported the first plane hit. They thought that it was only a small plane. I left for work and by then the second tower had been hit and they knew it was passenger jets. My office was on the 10 floor overlooking Los Angeles International Airport and I could watch the planes take off and land all day. TVs nor radios were allowed at work back then and I recall checking the news websites and only getting intermittent access due to the high volume of traffic. We noticed planes were landing but none were taking off. When the towers collapsed, everyone was wondering if they should go home but were told to stay. I don't think anyone got much accomplished. When I saw the video of the collapse it was sad thinking about the loss of all those innocent people. It was eerie to see absolutely no activity at the airport that afternoon and the days that followed. I felt shock, fear, and sadness. Then anger at those that had done this to us.

WarEagleSteve and Okie like this.
  17. Sep 11, 2016 at 12:22 PM
    Okie

Okie New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax
    Working the flightline in OKC. Aircrafts of all sorts were being diverted here-never have I seen so many airplanes on our Tarmac. Our pilots lounge was full with all eyes on a 13" television. Was the quietest room I'd had ever been..... For all of use in the commercial aviation sector it played out to be tuff ass decade. Probably the tightest I've hugged my family!!

RowdyRon, WarEagleSteve and Viper3G like this.
To Top