1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

02 Tundra key fob reprogram

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by Tomb, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Aug 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM
    Tomb

Tomb [OP] New Member

Member:
    Help! Trying to replace my 02 Tundra key fob. What a nite mare. No one seems to be able to tell me how I either reprogram my original fob to use the lower button. (My FCC ID:BAB237131-022, color is black) or get a new one from wherever. I tried My local Toyota dealer where I purchased the vehicle new in fall of 2001. They got me 2 different fob's but with wrong fcc codes. Also fob's had separate lock/unlock buttons which my original fob's did not have. From all my hunting I've found that 02 Tundras had 2 different keyless entry systems. One is the the Rs3000 security system or what is called the "Power door lock control system" which I think is what I have. The RS3000 has a status lite to the left of the steering column. My Tundra does not have this. Ive located the RKE ECU and pushed the green button for 3 seconds then pushed the bottom button on my original fob till I'm blue in the face,(which is not hard to do since location of ECU is not in a very user friendly location). Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

2. Aug 5, 2017 at 1:38 AM
    willrun4fun

willrun4fun New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited 4wd
    What are you trying to use the lower button for? On my 2000 the lower button is only used in setting options on the system, otherwise it is unused for day to day use.

Here is a link to an RS3000 manual

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  3. Aug 5, 2017 at 6:39 AM
    Tomb

Tomb [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks for the reply!
    Upper switch is bad on PCB.(FOB) I'm told U can use either one. I do not have the RS3000 system. The RS3000 has the status lite, I do not have this lite.

On page 23 at bottom of manual U provided it mentions that either button can be used!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  4. Aug 5, 2017 at 8:23 AM
    fixnflip

fixnflip New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra X-SP Double Cab
    Where is the RKE ECU located? Wondering if my 2005 XP-S has remote capability. It came with only the key, but I bought at auction.

5. Aug 5, 2017 at 5:00 PM
    Tomb

Tomb [OP] New Member

Member:
    Up under dash just to right of steering column. I had to remove lower dash trim & vent crossover pipe! 4 10mm bolts! A least that is where my RKE ECU is.

Products Discussed in

To Top