1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

“Factory” installed accessories

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by GoTTi74, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Jul 15, 2022 at 3:47 AM
    GoTTi74

GoTTi74 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Ltd TRD OR CM LB
    My dealer contacted me today and offered me a truck that is very close to what I ordered. My “issue” is that it comes with tons of accessories that I don’t need/want (e.g. Bed Extender). He’s telling me that those are factory installed accessories that they can’t take off. I feel this is odd and like it’s dealership installed to get to the price of my order…

Also, if I lookup the temp VIN here:
    https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/vehicle-specification
    it only shows the center console safe as factory/port installed accessory…

What’s your experience with “Factory installed” Accessories?

2. Jul 15, 2022 at 5:34 AM
    pneffkell

pneffkell New Member

Member:
    Hes living in a gray area.
    The bed extender can be a "port installed accessory". It also could be installed at the dealer.

3. Jul 15, 2022 at 5:40 AM
    omgboost

omgboost The Accountant

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sequoia Platinum
    Tell the dealer you are not paying a cent more than the truck you want. See if he still wants to give you this truck for the same price than what you ordered.

4. Jul 15, 2022 at 5:42 AM
    pneffkell

pneffkell New Member

Member:
    If they did come port installed, in this market the dealer isn't going to budge of the price. They can define port installed options at allocation and that stuff is all put on before they get it. Not sure if thats exactly how it goes with Toyota proper but its for sure how it works for the GST and SET

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    gj953 likes this.
  5. Jul 15, 2022 at 10:23 AM
    GoTTi74

GoTTi74 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    Pretty sure they won’t budge on the price. Especially since it’s a few hundred cheaper than what I ordered…

The build I wanted was 60k with sunroof and power package amongst other packages. The build they offer is 60k without sunroof and power package but stuffed with accessories I don’t want. I feel like the dealer wants to get to the offered price by adding “unnecessary” accessories… however, it’s a seller market and if I’m not accepting the truck, someone else will and I‘d have to wait for another few months… so I probably will take it and try to sell at least the bed extender. The other stuff is not resell-able (decal inlay, stainless steel door guards) or not worth it (ashtray/coin holder).

gj953 and Yaboy like this.
  6. Jul 15, 2022 at 10:35 AM
    TexasCabledawg

TexasCabledawg New Member

Member:
    Don't settle!!! Wait for the truck you want, at least in my opinion. I would assume that there are quite a few people that are so desperate to get into a new Tundra that they will take anything, and regret it later once the frenzy is over. The only issue I see is that Toyota just announced that they are reducing production at the San Antonio facility, so that will prolong your wait.

7. Jul 15, 2022 at 10:58 AM
    GoTTi74

GoTTi74 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    Valid point. My approach is/was to get the truck and at least have a look at it when it arrives. If I accept the truck and at one point decide I can't "deal" with it, I could still put in another order and wait for it and once ready (in 2023) I would trade-in the "current" one.

Besides the packages - I thought the Power Package is important to have 110v, I learned that you would need to have your truck running and 400w are not that much. You can "easily" achieve this with a "Pure Sine Wave Inverter". The "sun roof" was never a "must have" but the only option in March to get the "Power Package". My biggest challenge is the Pros/Cons between the 5.5ft and 6.5ft bed. From a hauling perspective the 6.5ft would be significantly better. From an off-roading and (Bay Area) parking perspective the 5.5ft would be much better... As almost no dealer has any trucks to test drive, I literally have to wait and find out if the CrewMax/6.5ft "too" big or not...

8. Jul 15, 2022 at 1:59 PM
    4genRunner

4genRunner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southwestern MO
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 CrewMax TRD OR 4x4 CSM
    RB20's, Extang Xceed Cover, Tint.
    In my experience (and most definitely with my truck) all of the "port installed accessories" were not "installed" at the port. When my truck arrived at the dealer, all of the "port installed accessories" that were part of my build were in the back seat of the truck in boxes. It was the dealership itself who unboxed all of the accessories and "installed" them. All the port did was take the truck off the train, throw some boxes in the back, and put it on a truck to the dealership.

9. Jul 15, 2022 at 2:02 PM
    DrZoidberg

DrZoidberg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SATX
    Vehicle:
    Tesla MYP
    If it's on the sticker it's an accessory that was allocated by toyota or the distributor. Installed at factory, dealer, or port. Those aren't negotiable to take off (except lately Toyota has removed tonneau cover and bed liner) unless it's a dealer addendum accessory.

gj953 likes this.
  10. Jul 15, 2022 at 2:17 PM
    GoTTi74

GoTTi74 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    The “strange” thing is, that only the “center console safe” shows up as factory/port installed accessory and with this, it doesn’t match with what the dealer provided me. Anyway, at the end it really doesn’t matter if it’s 58.5 or 60k and right now, I’m happy for getting an opportunity to get very close to what I wanted.

gj953 likes this.
  11. Jul 15, 2022 at 3:33 PM
    RLHULK

RLHULK Too many gamma rays in all that BBQ smoke.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Oklahoma, Toyota seat trim durability tester
    Vehicle:
    2022 Silverado LT.
    Still rolling stock baby....
    I had a dealer different one than where I ended up getting my tundra from, ask if I wanted items like dash cam, console safe etc. He said those items they can add or remove at the port.

The tundra I ended up with has the dash cam and the console safe. I actually like the dash cam, take clear sharp video.

The console safe will be coming out, I dont like those.

12. Jul 15, 2022 at 3:51 PM
    GoTTi74

GoTTi74 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    Yah, I could easily safe >1000 on accessories I don’t want and invest in other more important things (e.g.Diamond Cover)

13. Jul 15, 2022 at 4:57 PM
    DrZoidberg

DrZoidberg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SATX
    Vehicle:
    Tesla MYP
    You plan to sell it?

14. Nov 30, 2022 at 4:42 AM
    Fatone

Fatone New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra TRD Sport Premium
    I paid for some accessories that I would not have picked. In this market just part of the game to get a truck you want. I think a $1000 worth of tack ones on a $60k rig is just a quibble in the grand scheme of owning a vehicle.. The bigger question for you long term joy of the vehicle is can you live without the options missing here? Focus on honest answer to that not quibbling over minor money makers for the dealer

I bought a lot of vehicles in my life. Mostly always paid slightly more than I would have thought the deal would end up at. But if vehicle was right for me that minor dollars spent melted away quickly.

Tundra ATL and gj953 like this.
  15. Nov 30, 2022 at 4:55 AM
    gj953

gj953 New Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2023 1794 Hybrid TRD OR Blueprint
    Same here. This had a few items I didn't have on my list, but as you said, in the grand scheme of things, the cost for the addons was minor. I wish I could have picked and chosen exactly what I wanted, on an order... unfortunately, that's not possible at this point in time.

I've already added on over $3000 in add on options that didn't come with it so ... still have to install some of them... just have to find the time to do it, they are sitting in my garage, waiting for me. I figure I can get one per night installed. (tonneau, skid plate, bed step) Off to get a quote on ceramics, ppf and tinting later today.

16. Nov 30, 2022 at 5:32 AM
    Skidmarcx

Skidmarcx New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    ‘22 SR5 CM
    I faced the same predicament when searching for my rig; however, I was able to negotiate $1200 off of the $3000 in accessories… I simply asked the salesman if he would pay $300 for nitrogen in the tires, $600 for window tint on the front only, and $800 for a tracking system…. They didn’t have a problem discounting at that point

17. Nov 30, 2022 at 5:57 AM
    DrZoidberg

DrZoidberg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SATX
    Vehicle:
    Tesla MYP
    $65k and you didn’t get softex, the bed plug, or any of the upgrades?

Was there a massive market adjustment? A fully built SR5 TRD OR or Sport is like 58k and that has the digital rear view mirror, soft Tex, 14” screen, bed lights and power inverter, etc

4genRunner and Tundra ATL like this.
  18. Nov 30, 2022 at 8:36 AM
    DexterL

DexterL New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 lunar rock TRD pro Seqouia
    Most dealers won’t budge on this, but mine let me have the port installed options not go through so that we could get the truck faster (and cheaper for me)

19. Nov 30, 2022 at 11:29 AM
    4genRunner

4genRunner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Southwestern MO
    Vehicle:
    2022 SR5 CrewMax TRD OR 4x4 CSM
    RB20's, Extang Xceed Cover, Tint.
    My thoughts exactly. I have a fully built SR5 TRD OR and sticker was $57,113. It has digital rear view, heated SoftTex power front seats, heated steering wheel, PVM, 14" screen, bed lights, power inverter, etc. @Toxalot either paid a healthy market adjustment, or some damn expensive dealer add-ons. Or maybe the $65k is Canuckistani Pesos.

20. Dec 1, 2022 at 2:15 AM
    GoTTi74

GoTTi74 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    I got the truck in October and decided not to bother about the accessories I didn’t wanted and I’m happy with the truck

21. Dec 2, 2022 at 1:17 AM
    Toxalot

Toxalot New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sara
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra TRD off road
    6in lift 35in tires Pink inlay lettering
    I didn’t say that the truck came bare, it is a TRD Off Road. Attached is specs. My point was don’t settle

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  22. Dec 2, 2022 at 1:22 AM
    Toxalot

Toxalot New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sara
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra TRD off road
    6in lift 35in tires Pink inlay lettering

23. Dec 2, 2022 at 5:21 AM
    DrZoidberg

DrZoidberg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SATX
    Vehicle:
    Tesla MYP
    Right but you said you don’t have power seats so you’re missing the convenience package, you said you don’t have the inverter so you don’t have the premium power package, no softex so you don’t have the TRD premium pack. It’s not bare, but for the price it should have every top tier package.

your spec sheet you loaded is an apt lease btw. Assuming that city is right you bought at cavender or universal Toyota right?

Products Discussed in

To Top