1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

“Back seats that do front seat things.”

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Scuba, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Sep 22, 2019 at 12:58 PM
    Scuba

Scuba [OP] Sober member

Member:
    Austin, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Texas Edition CM.
    I’ve recently been seeing an ad on TV for the new Ram 1500 where they brag about the rear seats sliding forward/ backward and reclining. Those seats also fold up to access storage underneath.
    We all know that the 07-13 Tundra crewmax has the same sliding and reclining feature plus huge cab space in the back and this was done to compete with the Ram Mega Cab.
    In 2014 Toyota decided to omit the sliding and reclining feature and follow the trend of fold up seats in the crewmax. The backseats still had huge cargo room but could no longer slide or recline and instead would fold up to reveal extra storage space underneath.
    My guess is they couldn’t figure out how to combine the sliding and reclining with the fold up seats.
    The previous Ram 1500 crew cab and mega cab was the same. Fold up only, no sliding or reclining.

Now, with Ram adding the sliding and reclining feature to the fold up rear seats (and adding 4 more inches of space to the standard crew cab), who here thinks that Toyota will follow up by adding the sliding and reclining back in on the crewmax rear fold up seats? Is that an option you would like? What are your thoughts?

2. Sep 22, 2019 at 1:19 PM
    Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer Vinyl Spinner

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2002 4.7L RCLB 4X4 2007 5.7L RCSB 4X2
    What are these 'back seats' you speak of?

Hbjeff, Pudge and jordan0317 like this.
  3. Sep 22, 2019 at 1:32 PM
    Scuba

Scuba [OP] Sober member

Member:
    Austin, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Texas Edition CM.
    Trust me, I was always a single cab dude.. until I had kids. I needed something to tow my Tacoma and haul my kids.

I would actually prefer a double cab but the seats and room of the crewmax is so much better for baby car seats.

Rex Kramer[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Sep 25, 2019 at 3:33 AM
    Mr Swervlin

Mr Swervlin "Yes....In Dee Face"

Member:
    O H I O
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Sky limited TRD Crewmax
    Line X bed liner Window tint AVS in channel vent visors Paint protection wrap Husky front & rear floor liner ESP Crewmax rear storage Console organizer and tray TRD shift knob TRD rear sway bar Thule exporter pro 500 Color matched door handles, side mirrors, and grill surround VLEDs interior/reverse/cargo Driver side grab handle 10" BAmuffler Trd pro headlights
    I'm more interested in a back seat that is functional on a Crewmax with at least a 6 foot bed behind it.:thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top