1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

‘21 Pro quick observations

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by tttrdpro, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Dec 23, 2020 at 12:28 PM
    tttrdpro

tttrdpro [OP] Former Naval Person

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SWGA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Super White TRD Pro
    In progress…
    So I took possession of a 2021 Super White TRD Pro last Friday. Here’s how it compares to the ‘19 Pro I traded in. Keep in mind this is my knee jerk subjective opinion.
    Better: 1. Push button start and keyless entry.
    2. Seats seem more comfortable. (Is there a difference in seats between the SR5 and
    the Limited?)
    3. Ride seems a tad stiffer. I know it’s the same suspension. Tires are the same
    and inflated to the same pressure but my hiney says it’s a tad stiffer.
    4. XM satellite reception is definitely better. It doesn’t cut out now in places where it
    did in the ‘19.
    5. Love the power locking tailgate.
    6. Dual zone climate controls.
    Not: 1. Other than the better XM reception I prefer the head unit in the ‘19. (This may
    change with time)
    The only thing that really bothered me was the front end was out of line and pulled to the right from the start. Took it back to the dealership yesterday and after they tried and failed 3 times to get it right I was not at all happy. When I left the dealership I had to drive with the steering wheel turned about 15 degrees to the left to go straight. It was exactly the same when they started. At least they didn’t charge me anything. Took it to a Goodyear tire center this morning and they got it dialed in perfectly first try. Truck drives perfectly now. Whoever ends up buying the ‘19 will be getting a fantastic truck.

Huckwheat, TelemarkTumalo and Big40 like this.
  2. Dec 23, 2020 at 1:54 PM
    KingsAustin

KingsAustin Grey Goose II

Member:
    Morgan County, AL
    Vehicle:
    2021 Limited Night Shade
    BakFlip MX4, Gator All Weather mats, Console Safe, Ceramic Tint, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Interior/exterior LED conversion, Wireless console charger, AJT designs.
    I went from my ghetto 2015 sr5 DC to a 2021 Limited CM 4x4. I noticed a big difference. I never used the XM radio, so I really can't tell you the difference. I do notice the handling. I do notice more of a body roll on turns especially in low speeds. I don't have the locking tailgate, but that is on my short list. I do like me the dual climate control versus the ghetto three knobs. I cannot believe the leg room I was missing out on the DC. I am like you whomever buys my 2015 will get one hell of a truck. The dealership where I serviced my truck had been on me for over a year wanting to take it off my hands. It only had 69k miles on it with flawless paint, but I had to pull the trigger this year.

I think you will be okay. I do feel bad for all those who are having problems with their new trucks. I guess, I am have been lucky....no issues so far (knocking on wood, my head).

tttrdpro[OP] likes this.
  3. Dec 23, 2020 at 1:57 PM
    Doccountry69

Doccountry69 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Little Elm
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Voodoo Blue
    None yet
    I might be wrong...did the 2019 have a Fox suspension? I know the 2015 I had was running on Bilsteins, but the new ones have Fox

4. Dec 23, 2020 at 2:28 PM
    tttrdpro

tttrdpro [OP] Former Naval Person

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SWGA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Super White TRD Pro
    In progress…
    You’re right, the 2019 had the exact same Fox suspension. It feels different though, maybe just because it’s new.

5. Dec 23, 2020 at 5:05 PM
    Tundrafan23

Tundrafan23 New Member

Member:
    I bet that is what it is, the suspension on your 2021 will break in a little and soften up over a few thousand miles.

Products Discussed in

To Top