1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

07 Tundra Pre-Wired Backup Camera and Monitor Plug Connection Diagrams

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by charlesdavid1961, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Dec 28, 2017 at 7:55 PM
    charlesdavid1961

charlesdavid1961 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Camera, 4 Wire Plug Connector, near Spare Tire and
    Monitor, 10 Wire Plug Connector, Under Front of Overhead Roof Console near Rear View Mirror.

2017-12-28_22-39-04-253.jpg
    _20171222_231452.jpg

Kofifi likes this.
  2. Apr 17, 2018 at 12:28 PM
    dragon_coma

dragon_coma New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sky
    Vehicle:
    2008 CrewMax 4x2 5.7L
    I want to run the video to an in-dash HU instead of the overhead... do you know if I can tap the built-in harness in the dash or footwell areas instead of running wires back down the pillars from the overhead?

longl019 likes this.
  3. Aug 18, 2018 at 12:54 PM
    longl019

longl019 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
    I want to do the same thing as dragon_coma, anyone out there know of a good way to do this? I have considered just running all new wires from the rear, but it would make the most sense to use what is already there, just don't want it to be in the over head area. Looking to get an aftermarket unit from crutchfield (head unit) and wire in the back up camera there.

4. Aug 19, 2018 at 8:17 PM
    dragon_coma

dragon_coma New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sky
    Vehicle:
    2008 CrewMax 4x2 5.7L
    Here’s what I did. Bought a camera for 2012-13 Tundra from Crutchfield for $49.99: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_249RC...7Z2RZGAYBNYowEgQZJzLmXlnoBfy0bgUaAmA9EALw_wcB

Only prob with this camera is the 4-pin harness doesn’t match the 4-pin receiver at the base of the tailgate on the ‘08 I have. But the camera, hole saw, and voltage regulator were all perfect. So I cut off the 4-pin plug and receiver (camera and truck) and soldered in a generic, waterproof 4-pin in their place. Rear-end solved.

https://hebronautoparts.com/i-25145...0ATr6NXyTKknXbpgyDKRvVGOrAA4QUEkaAnjAEALw_wcB

For the HU, I used this thread : http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/vbcms-comments/1747-pioneer-avic-z2-nav-install-lots.html

... when you get down to the photos where he’s soldering in an RCA connector, that’s the section applicable to taping the factory wiring at the lower driver-side pillar. He’s got an old and new way (new in red) that is what you’re looking for. So only wire run was from pillar under dash to HU. I’ve got a really old Pioneer DVD / touchscreen, but even it allowed me to turn on the camera manually whether driving at speed or not, which is exactly what I wanted to monitor the hitch while towing.

Good luck.

5. Sep 18, 2019 at 7:47 AM
    SRD5000

SRD5000 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab
    None
    I found this connector above my overhead console (2010 Tundra DoubleCab). I'd like to find a connector for it to connect to an aftermarket rearview camera and mirror-monitor. I've read these threads and searched the heck out of Amazon but can't find a kit that uses this connector along with the prewired connector under the truck near the tailgate. Thanks in advance to anyone who can steer me in the right direction.

2010 Tundra Overhead Console Connector 1.jpg
    2010 Tundra Overhead Console Connector 2.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top